Whenever you go shopping for spices for your cooking, you simply cannot miss out on the turmeric.
It is a bright orange-yellow color spice that is particularly famed for its use in India in nearly every dish as it can be added in milk to curry and gives them a nice golden color.
But did you know that apart from being a great spice, it also has many amazing health benefits? Some of these health benefits are as follows.
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Improving the digestive system
- Increased blood circulation
- Prevention of blood clots
- Delays the onset for the Type 2 Diabetes
- Improvement of memory
For our readers today, we have gathered a bunch of the Amazing effects of turmeric on skin.
Fights off Acne
No matter you are suffering from acne or the scars left by it, turmeric is the solution to nearly all of the acne related conditions on the skin.
Due to the strong antibacterial properties of turmeric, it stops the acne-causing bacteria’s growth namely the P. acnes bacteria. In addition to that, it also has oil-controlling properties making it a potent ingredient for stopping any future acne breakouts.
- Mix turmeric and honey in equal amounts to make a thick paste. Apply this paste over the acne affected areas and let it sit for the night. In the morning, rinse it off with only cool water.
Combats Oily Skin
Oily skin can sometimes be a nightmare for a woman. The reason is that the oily skin tends to case the outer layer to have the following skin irritations.
- Blind pimples
For these skin irritants and many others, turmeric is the best remedy there is. With its oil-controlling properties, turmeric inhibits the excessive sebum secretion. With the help of phytosterols and fatty acids in turmeric, the excessively oily skin condition can be controlled.
- Mix half a tsp of turmeric powder in 1 tbsp of yogurt and some lemon juice to make a paste. Apply it over your face as a mask and let it sit for half an hour before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Helps to Heal Wounds
As we know, turmeric has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, they work both in tandem to heal wounds effectively. Due to the natural antiseptic nature of turmeric, it also reduces any chance of the wound getting infections.
With Curcumin in turmeric, it increases the wound healing process as well as minimizes the scarring left afterward.
- In order to heal wounds, mix half a tbsp of turmeric powder in coconut oil to make a paste. Apply this paste-like cream over the wound 3 times each day for not only healing but also reducing pain and infection.
Helps to treat Eczema
Eczema is a skin condition that causes the skin to be red, dry and itchy all the while being inflamed. However, there is good news; it too can be treated with turmeric.
Again the Curcumin in turmeric with its anti-inflammatory properties and antiseptic nature helps treat itching and inflammation as well as reducing the risk of any infection by killing off eczema-causing bacteria.
- Mix half a tbsp of turmeric powder with some milk to make a thick paste and apply it to eczema affected areas. Let the paste dry on its own. Afterward, rinse it off with cool water only.