While strolling through the outdoors, a person might by accident step over the fire ants colony. If this happens then get ready to receive one hell of a sting. The sting comes with immense pain that can turn any outdoor adventure into a miserable one.
Fire ants attack in clusters thus the sting is also in high amount. The early symptoms of the sting are as follows.
- Pinching feeling
- Burning sensation
The pain is short lived but it is followed by intense itching and burning sensation that can be ranged from mild to high.
The affected area might swell and in the worst case can form huge bumps or pus-filled lesions on the skin.
For our readers who happen to find themselves in this un-fateful predicament, we present to you a few of the effective home remedies to treat the fire ant stings.
Before a person suffering from stings, they must first get instantly away from the fire ant mound and dust their clothes off to remove any ants.
Afterward, clean the affected area by carefully washing it with soapy water. This will help effectively remove the venom along with any debris. All of this will prevent the skin from getting an infection.
Only use an antiseptic soap and only clean the affected area gently. Dry the area with a towel but instead of rubbing it, pat it down gently. Afterward, if the person has some olive oil, apply some of it over the affected skin.
Witch Hazel has been sued by Native Americans for its amazing properties to treat myriad skin conditions. Fire ant stings are also one of those numerous skin conditions. It helps to provide relief from the irritation resulted due to ant sting with its natural anti stringent proprietress.
- Pour some Witch Hazel oil over a cotton bud
- Apply the cotton on the affected skin and let it evaporate on its own.
- Perform the remedy a few times for a few days.
For skin conditions that are followed by itching as well as inflammation, use of oatmeal is very helpful. Oatmeal with its anti-inflammatory, anti-stringent as well as its soothing properties helps in getting rid of inflammation and the itching.
- Add 2 cups of powdered oatmeal in a bathtub full of hot water. Stir the mixture well.
- Soak the body in the water for at last half an hour.
- Repeat the process at least 2 times a day.
Most white toothpaste come with a cooling compound called Menthol which helps to fight off the burning sensation as well as the itching caused by the sting. Beware to not use the gel-toothpastes.
- Simply put some toothpaste over the affected skin area.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water only
While cutting an onion might result in burning sensation in eyes, it still helps to eradicate the burning sensation of the fire ant sting. Onion has antiseptic properties which make it helpful in reducing pain, swelling as well as the itching caused by fire ant stings.
- Cut an onion in half.
- Crush one half with the back of the knife
- Place pieces of crushed onion over the affected skin
- Secure the onion over affected skin with a bandage
- Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with cool water
Home Remedies To Treat Mosquito Bites
Natural Home Remedies To Treat Gout
Natural Remedies To Treat Indigestion
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!