Insomnia is one of the sleeping disorders that affects nearly one-third of the human population. The disorder is often characterized to be causing difficulty in sleeping or staying asleep. This disorder can often lead to following other problems like the following.
- Fatigue during daytime
- Poor performance
There are generally 2 types of insomnia which are as follows.
- Acute Insomnia, that can lead from few days to few weeks
- Chronic Insomnia that can last from a few months to a longer time
Experts refer to insomnia as a side effect of taking certain following types of medications.
- ACE inhibitors
Few of the effective remedies to get rid of insomnia in the comfort of your own house are as follows.
Cumin seeds are a culinary spice that comes with properties that help in the digestion process. As for its medicinal properties, it has been used in Ayurvedic treatments for inducing sleep. Cumin seed oil is also renowned for its tranquilizing effects.
- Before going to sleep, take some cumin seed powder and add it in 1 mashed banana and eat it.
- Cumin tea is also another great remedy for helping with tiredness as well as fatigue. To make tea, take 1 tsp of cumin seeds and add it in 1 cup of water and boil it for few minutes. Strain the liquid and drink it while it’s still hot.
Nutmeg has in it natural sedative properties that allow it to be sued as a natural sleeping aid.
- Add a dash of nutmeg in 1 glass of warm milk and stir it well. Drink this milk before going to bed.
- Add a dash of nutmeg powder in either 1 cup of warm water or fruit juice and drink it before sleeping.
Saffron is not only a great spice but it also has semi sedative properties that help with insomnia.
- Add 2 strands of saffron in 1 cup of warm milk.
- Let them steep in the milk. Drink this before going to sleep.
Valerian is an herb that has been used since ancient times for its muscle relaxing as well as the sedative properties. The herb induces relaxation on a tired body that helps a person fall in deep slumber.
- Add half a tsp of both valerian root and the nutmeg in 2 cups of hot water. Let them steep for 20 minutes and drink it. Be advised to not sue it on a daily basis as it causes cardiovascular problems over long term use.
- Simply drinking valerian tea also helps to promote sleep.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
ACV has in it amino acids that help in alleviating fatigue. As for honey, it raises the insulin levels of the body that in turn cause the body to fall asleep.
- Add 2 tbsps of organic ACV and honey in 1 glass of warm water. Mix it well and drink it before going to bed.
This is not a remedy but instead a tip. Taking a hot bath 2 hours before going to bed actually relax the fatigued body that in turn promotes sleep.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!