Did you know that the largest organ of the human body is the skin that covers the whole body? Well, it is and this is the reason that it is exposed to some of the most commonly occurring issues that need immediate medical intervention. According to several statistical studies, nearly 60 percent of the global population suffers from acne at one point in their life.
There is another nasty skin condition that causes dark patches to appear all over. These dark patches are called Dark Spots which can occur at any point in human life. If you suffer from dark spots on any point of the body, do not panic. These can be taken care of with a few simple home remedies and tips.
For our readers, we are sympathetic to your problem of dark spots. This is the reason we introduce a few of the effective home remedies and ways to help remove the dark spots from the skin.
How do dark spots start appearing?
While dark spots can occur at any given time, they do not appear without a cause. As per researches, several trigger points for these dark spots to occur. A few of the common triggers for dark spots are as follows.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Inflammation of the skin
- Hormonal changes
- Liver diseases
Some dark patches are temporary and care caused by either inflammation or the skin being photosensitive. They can also turn out to be nothing more than ordinary freckles.
Using Natural Remedies
One of the best ingredients that can help get rid of the dark blemishes on the skin is Potatoes. Potatoes juice can be applied on the skin or thin slices of it can be placed on the dark spots. Let the juice or thin slices sit there for a while and then rinse with lukewarm water.
The remedy needs to be used for at least 8 days to experience the visible effects.
Aloe Vera has been known for its skin rejuvenating and skin healing properties for the time unknown. This miracle plant can also treat dark spots. You simply need to cut a leaf of Aloe Vera into two to expose the white jelly-like substance inside. Then rub this substance over the affected skin directly. Let the skin dry on its own and then rinse with lukewarm water. The remedy needs to be used until the results of it are visible.
Orange is another great item that helps to treat the dark remedies and most particular the peel of the orange. You can make yourself an orange peel right at home by doing the following steps.
- Add 1 tbsp of the orange peel powder in 3 tbsp of the fresh milk.
- Mix them to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste thoroughly over all the affected skin.
- Let the mask roguish the skin from outside by letting it stay for at least 15 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse it with cold water.
Another great natural product to help treat the dark blemishes on the skin is lemon. The reason is that it possesses strong Whitening properties, in fact, it can also help to whiten one’s teeth.
- Squeeze the lemon juice from two fresh lemons.
- Dab a cotton ball in this juice and rub it over the affected skin.
- Afterward, let it stay for at least 5 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
Lemon juice should not be left on the skin for long due to its strong pH levels. As for the remedy, it needs to be used for dark spots for a week minimum to let it take positive effects.
In addition to whitening the skin, it will also help to nourish exfoliate and tone the skin.
One of the natural oils that have been known to nourish the human skin and the overall body is the coconut oil. It can treat numerous types of skin disease and problems and dark spots are no different in this regard.
Simply massaging the affected skin area with the coconut oil for 5 minutes can do the trick. Massage until the oil is absorbed by the skin. Do not rinse it as it will keep the skin moisturized too.
A tip here is to use the cold-pressed coconut oil which contains a lot of vitamins.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
A remedy of dark spots by suing Apple Cider vinegar is as follows.
- Mix ACV and water in equal parts to get a skin toner.
- Apply this mixture carefully on the dark spots and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Afterward, thoroughly clean the area with lukewarm water.
- Refrain from rubbing the towel on the freshly rinsed skin as it will cause strong itch, instead pat it dry with a towel.
Pineapple is used these days for treating skin conditions like dark spots due to it containing natural acids that can act as skin whiteners. Simply squeeze out the juice of a freshly cut pineapple and apply it over the affected skin and let it sit there for 5 minutes. Following that rinse it with cold water and then pat it dry.
Alternatively, one can also rub the thin slices of pineapple over the dark spots to help treat the dark spots fade away.
Oat & Yogurt:
For making the oat & yogurt skin whitening mask, follow these steps.
- Mix 2 tbsp of plain yogurt in 1 tbsp of powdered oats.
- Mix them until a thick paste is formed.
- Apply it over the face and let it dry which will take about 20 minutes.
- Afterward, clean the mask off with cold water rinse.
Changing the habits
- One of the effective ways to limit the occurrence as well as the progression of dark spots is to limit your sun exposure. Sunlight is one of the major trigger factors for dark spots. If you happen to be the person who has to spend a lot of time in the sun, you need to take preventive measures such as using sunscreen and a hat.
- If the dark spots are caused after the recent use of a certain medicine, then consult with your doctor. Sometimes, the use of certain medications can trigger the skin to be inflamed and then experience dark spots. The doctor can then prescribe the other alternative medication.