Donations to be Distributed by means of C.H. Robinson to Well being Techniques and Key Areas by Direct Reduction, Coronary heart to Coronary heart Worldwide, IsraAid, MAP Worldwide, and Mission HOPE
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), in partnership with C.H. Robinson and the C.H. Robinson Basis, introduced its dedication as we speak to donate greater than 2.5 million private protecting tools (PPE) and an infection management gadgets by means of Henry Schein Cares, the Firm’s company social duty program, to boost the security of front-line well being care staff in Brazil and India as they fight the latest surge in COVID-19 circumstances.
The donation consists of N95 face masks, degree 1 face masks, degree 2 face masks, coveralls, hand sanitizer, pulse oximeters, isolation robes, and face shields. In collaboration with logistics companion C.H. Robinson, Henry Schein will distribute these merchandise to a number of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). The NGOs are then planning to redistribute the provides to well being techniques and key areas in Brazil and India.
The recipients in India at the moment embrace the Baptist Hospital in Bangalore, LNJP Hospital in New Delhi, All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Deenanth Mangeshkar Hospital in Pune, Nair Hospital in Mumbai, and the State of Maharashtra. In Brazil, gadgets shall be distributed to well being care staff in Rio de Janeiro and the State of Sergipe.
“It’s vital that we assist fight the rise in COVID-19 circumstances in Brazil and India, the place the outbreak is especially extreme,” stated Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc. “Along with our NGO companions, we’ll proceed the pressing process of enhancing the security of the heroic well being care professionals caring for sufferers battling the COVID-19 virus.”
Henry Schein’s NGO companions on this effort are as follows:
- Direct Relief is a humanitarian support group, lively in all 50 states and greater than 80 international locations, with a mission to enhance the well being and lives of individuals affected by poverty or emergencies – with out regard to politics, faith, or means to pay;
- Heart to Heart International is a worldwide humanitarian group that improves entry to well being and responds to the wants of individuals affected by disasters worldwide;
- IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental group that responds to emergencies all around the world with focused humanitarian assist;
- MAP International is a non-profit humanitarian group offering medicines and well being provides to thousands and thousands of individuals worldwide so they could expertise life to the fullest; and
- Project HOPE is a worldwide well being and humanitarian reduction group that’s dedicated to inserting energy within the palms of native well being care staff to avoid wasting lives throughout the globe.
About Henry Schein, Inc.
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a options firm for well being care professionals powered by a community of individuals and expertise. With greater than 20,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Firm’s community of trusted advisors supplies greater than 1 million prospects globally with greater than 300 valued options that assist enhance operational success and scientific outcomes. Our Enterprise, Scientific, Expertise, and Provide Chain options assist office-based dental and medical practitioners work extra effectively to allow them to present high quality care extra successfully. These options additionally assist dental and medical laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, in addition to different alternate care websites.
Henry Schein operates by means of a centralized and automatic distribution community, with a collection of greater than 120,000 branded merchandise and Henry Schein private-brand merchandise in inventory, in addition to greater than 180,000 extra merchandise out there as special-order gadgets.
A FORTUNE 500 Firm and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or associates in 31 international locations and territories. The Firm’s gross sales reached $10.1 billion in 2020, and have grown at a compound annual price of roughly 12 p.c since Henry Schein turned a public firm in 1995.