Having unwanted hairs on the body is something that nearly every one of us wants to avoid as it makes a person self-conscious about their appearance. Medically speaking, the condition of having unwanted hairs is known as hirsutism which is a condition that occurs mostly in women rather than in men.
According to research, this condition runs in the family and women who have black hair suffer from this problem more as compared to the ones with lighter hair pigmentation. It can also be due to the hormonal imbalances of the body or by certain medication use.
Well, for our dear female readers, who feel troubled with unwanted hairs on the body, we present to you a few of the home remedies to remove unwanted body hair.
Honey & Sugar
For creating a homemade wax for removing the unwanted body hairs from different areas there is nothing that works greater than the honey and sugar. Sugar acts as a natural exfoliant which removes the dead skin cells along with getting rid of excessive body hairs. As for honey, it keeps the body well-hydrated along with preventing any risk of developing skin infections or rashes.
- Add 3 tbsp of sugar in 1 tbsp honey and microwave them both in a bowl.
- Heat the mixture for about 40 seconds until the sugar dissolves
- Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice3 in this mixture and again mix them thoroughly
- Let this mixture cool off
- Apply this mixture while it is still lukewarm over the area with unwanted hairs
- Place a waxing strip over the applied area and press it down. Now pull off against the direction growing hairs
- Clean the area gently with cool water and only apt the skin dry. Be sure to apply moisturizer as well.
Another great waxing remedy is called sugaring and is equally as effective as the one stated above. It also helps to remove the facial hairs which are normally very fine in nature.
- Heat a ¼ cup of water in a saucepan
- After the water is sufficiently hot, add in 2 cups of the sugar along with ¼ cup of the lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients in water thoroughly
- Let the water heat up again on the stove until it bubble start appearing. At that point, turn the heat low and allow the mixture to simmer until the amber color is achieved.
- At that point, remove it and let it cool down a bit,
- Before applying this wax, apply a little baby powder on the area which has unwanted hairs
- On this baby powder layer, apply the thick layer of this mixture
- Over this, place the waxing strip and let it sit for a few minutes
- Now pull the strip off to the opposite direction of the hairs
The masks made from Egg Whites can be effective in getting rid of unwanted hairs and that includes the fine facial hairs as well.
An egg is, in fact, one of the best ingredients when it comes to making natural Peel-Off masks for removal of unwanted hairs along with impurities from the skin.
- Take only the egg white from an egg.
- In this egg white add in 1 tbsp of sugar, ½ tbsp of Corn Flour.
- Mix all the ingredients well to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste over the affected area and let it dry for at least 30 minutes.
- After that time, you can either scrub it off or simply peel it off.
- After taking off the egg white peel, wash the area with cool water.
Be advised that this remedy is not for the areas with thick hairs.
Raw papaya contains an enzyme called Papin which prevents the growth of unwanted body hairs by breaking up the hair follicles; the place from where hairs grow out. It also allows for the improvement of the skin’s texture as well as removes any dead skin cells.
- Take a raw papaya and cut small pieces of it and then put it in a blender to make the fine paste
- Take 2 tbsp of this paste and add in half a tbsp of turmeric powder
- Apply this mixed paste on the area with unwanted hairs
- Keep on massaging this mixture on the affected area for at least 5 minutes
- Afterward, let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water
Gelatin has a sticky nature which gives it the property for removal of hairs from the body. You might not know this but due to this very property of gelatin, it is used as one of the main ingredients in many peel-off masks.
- Add 1 tbsp of the unflavored gelatin in ½ a tbsp of milk and add in 2 drops of the lavender oil. Take the bowl with these ingredients and place it in a microwave for 10 seconds.
- Mix them well with a wooden spoon and then microwave the mixture again for 10 seconds.
- Take it out and let it cool down a bit.
- Now apply a thick layer of this paste on the unwanted hairs with a popsicle stick
- Let this mixture dry on its own before peeling it off in the direction opposite to the growing hairs
- Wash the area with some cool water
Another great ingredient that can be used for the removal of unwanted hairs is Gram Flour. The slightly coarse nature of the Gram Flour allows for it to be a great exfoliating agent. It works by unclogging the pores from the impurities which in turn loosens the hair from their follicles to remove the unwanted hairs.
- Add 1 tbsp of Gram Flour in ¼ tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Add in some milk in these ingredients and mix them well to form the thick paste of it.
- Apply this mixture gently over the areas with unwanted hairs and let it dry.
- Simply scrub off this paste with only wet fingers in the opposite direction of growing hairs
- Due to turmeric causing a slight tingling sensation, it is always best to rinse the area afterward with some cold water.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!