Bromodrosis is the medical name of a condition to which we mostly refer to as Foot Odor which is an embarrassing condition of the body.
The condition is caused due to sweating of feet and when this sweat does not evaporate when a person is wearing shoes or socks. Bacteria present on the feet skin tend to eat on this sweat as well as the dead skin cell and then they release the foul odor.
The condition might be nasty but it is still treatable easily. For our readers, we have gathered a bunch of effective remedies to treat the foot odor which are as follows.
Baking soda or the chemical name Sodium Bicarbonate is one of the effective remedies to treat the foot odor. The soda works by neutralizing the pH level of the sweat that in turn reduces the bacteria population.
- Simply add some baking soda in lukewarm water and mix it well. Soak your feet for at least 210 minutes every night.
- An alternate remedy is to sprinkle some of this baking soda inside both your socks as well as shoes prior to wearing them.
Lavender oil has a sweet scent and is also effective in killing the bacteria. In addition to this, it also comes with antifungal as well as antioxidant properties which effectively eliminate the foot odor.
- Add a few drops of the oil in lukewarm water
- Soak your feet in the water for at least 10 minutes.
Epsom Salt is actually a magnesium sulfate that offers lots of following applications.
Epsom Salt is also effective in minimizing the smell of feet by fighting the microbial infections as well as neutralizing the pH balance of sweat. One of the best ways to use Epsom Salt for foot odor is to make a detoxifying foot bath by using Epsom Salt.
- Add 2 tbsp of Epsom Salt in a tub filled with lukewarm water.
- Soak your feet in this water for at least 10 minutes.
According to ancient medicinal records, Cedarwood oil is the very first oil to be extracted from a natural resource. The oil has many of the following amazing properties.
All of these properties make it effective in eliminating foot odor.
Combining Cedarwood oil with coconut oil only adds to its already present benefits.
- Add 5 drops of Cedarwood oil in 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Mix them both well and massage your feet gently.
- Let the oil be absorbed on its own for a few minutes prior to wearing socks or shoes.
Boric acid which is a substance present mostly in powdered form is also effective in combating the nasty foot odor.
- Simply sprinkling some Boric Acid powder onto to the sweaty feet is effective in eliminating foot odor.
- Another method is to mix some boric acid powder in half a cup of White Vinegar. Add this mixture then into 2 cups of water. Spray this liquid with a spraying bottle inside the shoes.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!