Head lice problem is nothing short of a scary nightmare but this one is with eyes open. Who in the world wants to spend their time scratching their head in public? Not only is it humiliating it also can lead to a person with head lice having head sores.
Head lice can come in contact from others via clothing like hats and jackets or personal items like brushes and towels.
Today we present to you a few effective home remedies to prevent head lice and make the hair healthier than ever.
Olive oil is best amongst oils when it comes to killing lice. The oil is also great for loosening the nits in the hair shaft. The thickness of olive oil results in the lice to suffocate and die on their own when the oozing oil plugs their breathing holes.
When using for head lice, apply it at night and cover the hair with a shower cap and let it settle overnight. The lice would not be able to live in just a few hours while you sleep.
Mayonnaise is not only great for being used to bind a salad; it is also effective for prevention of head lice.
Spread the mayonnaise on head equally and wrap the hair in a shower cap for a minimum of 4 hours. Afterward, shampoo and comb the hairs for nits.
Repeat this process, few times a week in order to kill all the lice that might have survived.
Tea tree oil
Out of all the essential oils, Tea Tree Oil is considered to be the most effective in fighting the head lice problem. According to studies, 1 percent of tea tree oil is effective in getting rid of 100 percent of head lice problem in just 30 minutes.
However, in order to rule out an allergic reaction to the essential oil, rub a drop of it on the back of your hand.
In order for best results, try using Tea Tree Oil with lavender oil.
Salt due to its intense drying properties is able to eradicate the head lice problem. To make a hair mask of salt follow this method.
- Add ¼ cup of salt in ¼ cup of AVC
- Mix them both well
- Put this bottle in a spray bottle and spray it gently over the hairs until they are slightly wet
- Cover the hair in a shower cap and leave it for 2 hours
- Afterward, wash with warm water and condition too
Petroleum Jelly has a stifling effect on the roaming head lice.
- Before going to bed, apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly on to scalp
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a towel
- Leave the jelly to settle overnight
- Rinse the hair in the morning with baby shampoo and comb the hair to remove head lice
Neem contains an insecticidal substance called azadirachtin in it. This is a natural and powerful insecticide that interferes with reproduction and growth of head lice.
For using the Neem as a rinse follow these instructions.
- Put some Neem leaves in water
- Boil it until the water turns green
- Remove the water from the stove and strain it in another bowl and let it cool down
- Wash your hairs with a normal shampoo and rinse afterward with this Neem water
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!