While the hair loss in children might sound a little strange, it is nonetheless a reality. Some children suffer from poor hair growth and also suffer from hair loss.
According to experts, there are many causes for hair loss in children some of which have been identified as follows.
- alopecia areata
- tinea capitis
- telogen effluvium
- endocrine-related problems
- nutritional deficiencies
For our readers, and especially those moms who are feeling quite troubled about the poor hair growth in their children, we present to them a few home remedies to promote the hair growth in children.
Hot Oil Massage
One of the best ways to treat the hair growth problem in children is to make use of hot oil massage.
When the scalp is massaged with oil, it causes the blood flow to improve which stimulates the growth of new hairs.
In addition to this, oiling the hairs helps to restore the moisture of both scalp and hairs.
For massage with oil, you can make use of any of the following commonly available oils.
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
- Jojoba oil
- Neem oil
One of the best home remedies to deal with any kind of hair problem in both adults, as well as children, is to make use of the Indian Gooseberry or also commonly known as Amla.
Indian Gooseberry is enriched with Vitamin C that prevents the hair loss while the carotene and iron in Amla improve the overall hair growth.
- Mix Amla and lemon juice in equal amounts well to form a paste. Apply this paste onto the scalp of the child thoroughly and cover it with a shower cap for the night. Rinse the hairs with any shampoo and lukewarm water in the morning.
- Another remedy is to cook some Amla pieces in some coconut oil until these pieces of Amla are charred. Now strain the remaining oil and let it cool. Use this oil for massaging the hairs and scalp of your child and let it sit for half an hour before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
For those who have the Hibiscus plant in their backyard growing, they need no other ingredient to treat the hair growth problem of their child.
Hibiscus leaves have many amazing benefits that allow them to treat myriad hair problems such as hair loss and low hair growth. In addition to this, hibiscus is also packed with amino acids, Vitamin C and A that are all great for hair.
- Add 8 leaves of Hibiscus plant in 2 cups of coconut oil
- Fry these leaves in the oil for few minutes until they are charred.
- Strain the remaining oil and let it cool down
- Use it to massage the hairs of your child and cover it overnight
- Rinse the hairs with shampoo and warm water in the morning
Coconut oil is another commonly used ingredient that has been used for centuries to treat various skin and hair problems. Coconut oil is packed with the following compounds that allow it to be beneficial in hair loss prevention as well as in promoting hair growth.
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
To use coconut oil, follow the following steps.
- Simply massage the scalp of your child with some freshly extracted coconut oil
- Cover the hairs with a shower cap and let it sit for half an hour
- Rinse the hairs afterward with cold water
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!