Stomach acidity is something that occurs due to the imbalance of the digestive acids produced by the stomach. This can result in a person feeling following symptoms.
- Stomach aches
- Bad breath
The condition is common in people of all age groups. People who tend to experience this problem by acidity often refer to it as the “Acid Stomach”. Few of the common causes associated with acidity are as follows.
- Consumption of spicy foods
- Not enough exercise
- Bad eating habits
- Alcohol consumption
There are many home remedies to treat acidity such as drinking plenty person feeling helps to flush out the excess amounts of acids in the stomach.
For our readers, we have selected a list of effective home remedies to treat acidity.
Basil leaves have natural soothing as well as carminative properties that provide quick relief from following conditions.
To sue it, follow these remedies.
- As soon as the early signs of acidity paper, simply consume some basil leaves. However, be sure to chew them nicely.
- An alternate method is to boil a handful of these basil leaves in 1 cup of water. Strain the liquid and add in it few drops of he9ony for taste. Refrain from adding milk in it.
Cinnamon has been deemed effective for treating myriad stomach disorders which also includes acidity. Cinnamon is a natural antacid in its working which helps the stomach to dispel any gas.
- Take 1 cup of water and add in it half a tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Boil the water and let it steep for 5 minutes
- Drink the cinnamon tea at least 2 times for a few days
An alternate method is to add the cinnamon powder in small quantities in your other foods like salads.
Another home remedy to dispel acidity is the use of Buttermilk. Buttermilk comes with lactic acid which acts as a neutralizing agent for the acids in the stomach. Rather than buying one from the market, you can make some buttermilk in your own home.
- Take 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds and grind them into a paste. Mix this paste in 1 glass of buttermilk and drink it whenever you feel the acidity symptoms.
- An alternate remedy is to simply drink the buttermilk a few times each day. For better results, try adding in some black pepper as well as tsp of grounded Coriander leaves.
Ginger is an ingredient that has natural anti-inflammatory properties which makes it effective in treating stomach acidity. Ginger juice is much advised for neutralizing the stomach acids.
- Whenever acidity acts up, chew on some fresh ginger piece.
- An alternate method is to add some grated piece of ginger in water and boil it for few minutes. Drink this ginger tea to resolve acidity as well as other stomach disorders.
Jaggery is an ingredient that when consumed becomes alkaline inside the stomach and helps in the process of digestion. This, in turn, helps to treat acidity. Jiggery can easily be purchased from any grocery store.
If you experience acidity on a consistent basis, eat a piece of jaggery after every meal. However, diabetes patients should avoid eating Jaggery.