Allergies are ranked as the 6th most chronic illness in the world. A person suffers from an Allergic reaction whenever their body deems a substance harmful to it even if it is not.
The substances that your immune system can identify as harmful can be anything from certain foods to certain medications. The immune system overreacting to these allergens produces histamine in the body that causes the allergy symptoms or better known as an allergic reaction.
For our readers, we have gathered a few home remedies to treat allergic reactions.
To provide soothe and relief from itching skin, there is nothing great than having a cold bath. The cold water, when runs down the skin surface, it causes the blood vessels to shrink down which prevents the histamine to come out of the blood. This leads to less sensitivity to the allergic reaction.
If you suffer from an allergic reaction, simply take a cold bath 2 or 3 times a day. This will help in reducing the inflammation caused by an allergic reaction.
Some allergens are airborne that can lead to symptoms like following.
- Sneezing itchy nose
- Runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Intense coughing
To deal with these allergens, there is nothing better than to perform a saline rinse. The saline rinse helps by clearing up the nasal passages as well as the irritants that cause the allergic reaction. It also helps by washing away any harmful bacteria along with a thin layer of mucus to reduce the postnasal dripping.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt in 2 cups of lukewarm water
- Take a nasals bulb and add some of this saline warm solution in it
- Pour the solution one nostril or in the mouth and let it drain out of the nostril
- Blow the nose gently to remove any mucus and the saline solution
- Perform this method on the other nostril as well
Stinging nettle has been proven as an effective remedy for treating allergic reactions caused by many types of allergens.
It is a natural antihistamine that blocks the body’s production of histamine. It produces instant relief from irritating symptoms like the following.
You can use the herb in the following ways.
- Any person can buy the Stinging nettle lead capsules from the drug store. Take 2 to 3 of these capsules every day.
- Make some sitting nettle leaves the tea to treat an allergic reaction. To make this tea, add 1 tbsp of the dried sitting nettle leaves in 1 cup of warm water. Cover the cup and let it steep for a few minutes. Strain the liquid and drink it. Add a little raw honey for taste.
Many of the skin related allergic reactions can be treated by immersing the body in an oatmeal bath.
Oatmeal has not only anti-inflammatory properties but also anti-irritant as well as soothing properties. All of these help in providing relief from symptoms like following.
- Dry skin
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!