Asthma is a disease of lungs that results in breathing difficulty. Asthma has two types; either it is acute or chronic. An asthma attack normally occurs whenever there is a certain obstruction between the air flow and the lungs.
Although the exact cause of the disease is still unknown, it is aggravated by the following triggers.
- Air pollution
- Respiratory infections
- Weather conditions
- Sulfites present in food
- Sulfites in certain medicines
Common symptoms associated with Asthma are as follows.
- Breath shortness
- The tightness of the chest
Today we have made a list of some easy to perform home remedies to treat asthma.
Ginger with its anti-inflammatory properties is effective in treating asthma. According to researchers, the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger help to decrease the inflammation of the airway that causes the obstruction of air flow.
It also has a substance which acts as a muscle relaxant much like many asthma treating drugs.
- Take equal quantities of ginger juice, honey, and pomegranate juice and mix them well. Drink only 1 tbsp of this mixture at least 3 times each day.
- For detoxification of lungs, take a tbsp of fenugreek seeds and boil them in 1 cup of warm water. Alter, add in it 1 tsp of ginger juice as well as some honey for taste. Consuming this liquid 2 times each day has detoxifying effects on the lungs.
Mustard Oil also comes with natural anti-inflammatory properties. Whenever a person suffering from asthma experiences an asthma attack, they must massage the chest with mustard oil. It allows the blocked respiratory passage to open up and thus help in restoring normal breathing pattern.
- Take some mustard oil and add in it a little camphor. Boil both of them.
- Transfer the oil in another boil while it is still hot and massage the chest and the back with it in a gentle manner.
- Perform this remedy at least 2 times each day; one time in the morning and one time before going to bed.
Figs have been renowned for their nutritional propitiates since ancient times. It also aids in treating asthma as well as the promotion of better respiratory health. It does so by draining the phlegm and reducing the breathing difficulties.
- Take 3 dried figs and wash them thoroughly.
- Soak them in a cup of water for the night
- Take these figs out in the morning and consume these soaked figs. Also, drink the fig water as well.
Caffeine, which is the main ingredient of the coffee, is a natural bronchodilator that helps in controlling the asthma attacks. Drinking hot coffee helps to not only relax but also clear up the airways for easier breathing.
However, it is advised to not drink more than 3 cups of black coffee each day. For those, who dislike coffee, they can alternate it with warm back tea.
Eucalyptus oil which is pure in its constitution is effective in treating asthma. This is all thanks to its natural decongestant properties. In addition to this, Eucalyptus oil also has a substance named eucalyptol that is effective to break up the mucosal deposits.
- The remedy is simple to perform. Simply drop a few drops of the oil on a clean towel and place it over your head while sleeping. You will naturally breathe in the aroma which will do its function.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!