Every woman on this planet wishes to have beautiful nails and hates it when their nails go brittle. These weakened brittle nails can be easily chipped off or cracked making them appear rather unpleasant. Brittle nails can often be the sign of the oncoming diseases like the following.
- lung conditions
- lichen planus
- alopecia areata
- fungal infection
- endocrine disorders
While they may be the cause of the brittle nails, often in ladies the causes of brittle nails to appear are a follows.
- Excessive use of nail polish over a long period of time
- Excessive water exposure
Whatever the reasons may be, the brittle nails can be treated at home. For this very reason, today we have gathered a list of few home remedies to treat brittle nails.
First up is the all purpose oil the Coconut Oil which can be easily found every and anywhere in the word. The oil has the nourishing properties for the weakened and brittle nails. The coconut oil is packed with saturated fats that act as great moisturizer for the nails as well as it also protects the nails from various infectious diseases of nails.
In order to use it follow any of the following two options.
- Warm the coconut oil slightly and apply it with a cotton bud on the nails. Massage the oil on to nails for at least 5 minutes. This helps increase the blood circulation of the nails as well as keep them moisturized.
- Take some coconut oil and warm it. Put it in a cup and in it some lemon juice. Mix them both well and let your nails soak in this mixture for ten minutes. Do this remedy before going to sleep and cover your nails with gloves while sleeping.
Vitamin E Oil
The main cause of the brittle nails is the lack of moisture. Vitamin E oil is the best remedy for lack of nail moisture. It keeps them not only moisturized but also hydrated. In addition to this, it also strengthens the nails.
- Open a Vitamin E oil and extract its oil
- Massage this oil over the nail before sleeping
- Gently massage the oil for 5 minutes as it increases the blood circulation
Horsetail is packed with a compound called silica which is a natural mineral that helps the nails to be not only healthy but strong as well. This herb has the property to make the white spots of the nails to disappear for good.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the dried Horsetail in one cup of warm water
- Cover the cup to let them mix well for at least ten minutes
- After the mixture cools down, soak your finger for at least 20 minutes
- Now dry the nails and rub some olive oil over them
- Let it sit for the night an cover them with gloves
Lack of iron is also one of the leading causes of brittle nails. One of the good sources of Iron is the Blackstrap Molasses. In addition to this, it also helps the body to maintain overall great health.
- Add one tablespoon of the blackstrap molasses in 1 full cup of either warm water or milk
- Drink this daily for at least a few weeks to see its visible effects on nails
Biotin is one of the effective compounds to treat the brittle and weekend nails as well as improve their overall health.
Simply taking a biotin supplement on a regular basis helps strengthen the brittle nails.