For a person who suddenly notices that they have to make a bathroom trip for urination after every 2 hours, then this is not a normal condition. Human bladder is able to store urine until a person chooses to urinate and 4 to 8 times a day is within the normal urination routine.
As for the condition known as Frequent Urination, it occurs when the body does not has the ability to control its urination activity as they suffer from an overactive bladder. An overactive bladder causes the person to not hold urine for a long period of time and an urge to pee more than often.
While the condition is annoying, there are still some very easy to do home remedies to treat frequent urination.
One of the best ways to treat frequent urination condition is by performing Kegel exercises. Kegel exercise or pelvic floor exercise is consistent of repeated contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles. This is done to make them stronger. These exercises help to make the Pelvis and Urethra muscles strengthened and provide support to the bladder.
- Lie down on the floor and locate your Pelvic muscle.
- Contract the muscle for 5 seconds and breathe normally while doing it. Avoid from keeping your back, stomach, thighs and sides muscles from tightening.
- Now relax for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this process again for at least 10 times in 1 session.
- Perform the exercise at least 2 times a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Some cases of frequent urination are caused by infection of ether bacteria or fugal nature. For such cases, ACV is one of the best remedies. The reason is that ACV has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties to combat any infection that can cause the condition. It also helps to reduce the pain that comes with such infections.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ACV and 1 tbsp of raw honey in 1 glass of warm water well. Drink this liquid 2 times a day.
- An alternative is to add 2 cups of ACV in the lukewarm bathwater and soak your body in it for at least 20 minutes.
For cases of overactive bladder, one should take preventive measures to have relief from a condition like frequent urination.
For improving the bladder health, one can improve their diet and do that a person can add Yogurt in it.
Yogurt is a probiotic food that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the urinary tract as well as in the gut. These bacteria help treat numerous infections of the stomach as well as improve the kidney health.
- For better results, a person suffering from frequent urination problem should eat 1 bowl of plain, non-fat yogurt each day. Refrain from eating any flavored yogurt.
In order to control the frequent urination syndrome, Chinese therapy of acupuncture I also very effective. The technique involves an acupuncture practitioner inserting extremely thing but long sterilized and disposable needles in certain acupuncture points of the human body.
An acupuncture procedure must always be performed by a professional expert.
One alternative treatment for frequent urination is Biofeedback which makes use of electrical sensors that are attached to the person’s body. The sensors make subtle changes in the person’s body to strengthen their pelvic muscles. This allows the person to suppress the urgency to urinate.
Biofeedback must only be performed by an expert and after the recommendation of a doctor.