Gallstones are masses of stones that are formed when the digestive fluids known as bile produced in the gall bladder are hardened. As for gallbladder, it is a pear-shaped organ that is located right behind the liver at the right side of the stomach. Although the bile is formed in the liver gallbladder stores it and slowly releases it in the small intestines.
Whenever the gallstones are formed, they may either shrink or remain the same size for many oncoming years.
Most gallstones do not cause any pain but whenever the cause obstruction in the bile duct, they may lead to severe abdominal pain that can last from a few minutes to several hours. Common symptoms of gallstones are as follows.
- Dark urine color
- Clay-colored stool
- Stomach pain
Gallstones are a serious condition that can even prove to be fatal, so whenever a person experiences the pain of gallstones, they should conduit a doctor. With that being said, we present a few home remedies to treat gallstones.
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is acidic by nature and that very nature prevents the liver from producing the cholesterol that can lead to the formation of the common gallstones. ACV also helps to dissolve the gallstones as well as decrease their pain.
- Add 1 tbsp of raw ACV in one glass Apple Juice and stir it well. Where the aping starts from gallstones, drink this solution.
- Another method is to mix 2 tbsps of ACV in 1 tsp of lemon juice and add both of them in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Drink only on an empty stomach. This helps to dissolve gallstones and also prevent the pain.
Lemons are enriched with the following nutrients, all of which make it an excellent remedy for treating gallstones.
Lemons are also packed with bioactive compounds like the following, which have in them both flavonoids and disinfecting properties.
- Ascorbic acid
- Vitamin C
Vitamin C of the lemons coverts the cholesterol of the liver to be water soluble that results in increased elimination of waste products.
- Drink fresh lemon juice of 4 lemons daily only on an empty stomach
- Another method is to mix the lemon juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water on an empty stomach.
Psyllium is packed with soluble fibers that are excellent for treating gallstones. Psyllium seeds produce musicale which is enriched with the following compounds.
- other sugars
All of these help to treat the following conditions effectively.
- IBS (inflammatory bowel syndrome)
- colon cancer
Follow the following method for treating gallstones.
- Add 1 tbsp of IBS (inflammatory bowel syndrome), diarrhea, obesity, diabetes and colon cancer seed powder in 1 glass of water
- Stir it well and drink it 3 times a day.
Milk thistle is a remedy that was proposed by an herbalist named Culpepper for the cleansing of the following organs.
Milk thistle has in it a substance called silymarin which has the following bioactive compounds in it.
All of these help the liver repair by acting as antioxidants.
- Grind 2 tbsp of Thistle Milk seeds in a powdered form and add it in 3 cups of warm water. Boil the water for a few minutes and strain the liquid. Add some honey for taste and drink it 3 times each day.
- Thistle milk is also available in supplement form so you can eat it on a daily basis. The daily dose for adults should be 420mg which should be taken in three doses.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!