Heartburn is one of the most commonly occurring conditions of the human body that nearly everyone experiences once in their life. It starts with a burning sensation in the chest which s then transferred tot eh throat. The sensation is often followed with a bitter taste and can lead to other following symptoms.
- Difficulty in breathing
As for the cause, heartburn is caused when the acidic juices in the stomach rise into the esophagus after the valve that separates the stomach and esophagus is not properly closed. Heartburn commonly occurs right after a person eats fatty and fried foods.
While there are many over the counter drugs available for treating heartburn, we present a few natural solutions for it. Have a read of the following home remedies to treat heartburn.
Sodium Bicarbonate or baking soda is one of the best remedies to have instant relief from heartburn. Baking soda is an antacid by nature which helps to neutralize the acids in the digestive system within minutes of consumption it.
- Add 1 tsp of baking soda powder in 1 glass of water
- A person can add in 2 drops of lemon juice as an option for better result
- Mix them thoroughly
- Drink it for quick relief
- If a person suffers from heartburn quite often, they should drink this connotation 2 times a day
Fennel Seeds are another remedy which is popular for the treatment of heartburn within minutes. Fennel Seeds are enriched with several healthy compounds, which allow the body to not only have nourishment but also to control the rise of the stomach acid which causes heartburn. In addition to this, they also aid in the digestion process.
- Simply chew on few fennel seeds when you feel a heartburn
- Alternatively, you can also make a fennel seed tea. Simply add 2 tsp of fennel seeds in water and boil them for few minutes. Strain the liquid and add 2 drops of lemon juice for taste. Drink it by taking small sips.
Mustard might e a stingy condiment it still is a great remedy for treating heartburn. With its antacid nature, it helps to neutralize the digestive acids that cause heartburn which is followed by a bad taste in both mouth and throat.
In addition to this, mustard also promotes the flow of gastric juices that make the digestive process smooth. As for mustard itself, it is enriched with the following nutrients.
- omega 3 fatty acids
To use mustard for heartburn, use these remedies.
- Simply swallow 2 tsp of mustard seeds with 1 glass of water. Be advised to not chew on these seeds for instant relief.
- You can also add 1 tbsp of mustard paste in one glass of buttermilk. Drink this for instant relief.
For centuries, slippery elm has been used by healers to treat digestive disorders and one of them is heartburn. It helps by thickening the mucosal lining of the stomach walls which in turn creates a barrier against the acting stomach acids.
- Add 1 tbsp of slippery elm in a glass of warm water and mix it well.
- Drink this connotation before going to sleep.