Psoriasis is a type of chronic disease in human body that leads to the abnormal growth of the cell to any part of the human body. As psoriasis can occur on any part of the body, it can also happen on nails.
People who suffer from normal psoriasis can also be prone to developing this autoimmune disorder on their toe and finger nails as well.
One of the earliest signs of a person suffering from nail Psoriasis is that their colors start to change its color, which can turn from green to yellow. Other common symptoms associated with nail psoriasis are as follows.
- Red or white spots under the nails
- Ridges in nails
- A whitey chalk like build up under the nails
- Thickening of the nails
- Nails being loose from nail bed
For our readers, we have gathered a few home remedies to treat nail psoriasis.
Usually in case of nail psoriasis, the nails become dehydrated and the best remedy to treat them in such cases is to lubricate them. For this, the best remedy is to make use of the Glycerin. Glycerin is effective as it can lock the moisture in place for several hours.
- Mix equal amounts of both water and glycerin and mix them well
- Apply this liquid over the nails and the skin surrounding them
- Let it sit for as long as you can
- Rinse it off only with lukewarm water
Nails often become brittle and dry as a result of nail psoriasis which can be best treated with use of Aloe Vera.
The gel of Aloe Vera allows the nails to be treated from dehydration by moisturizing and replenishing the depleted moisture of the nails and their surrounding skin. It also prevents the affected nails from further cracking of the nail beds. In addition to this, Aloe Vera’s anti-inflammatory properties allow it to fight the inflammation caused by psoriasis as well as boost the natural immune system.
- Extract some gel from Aloe Vera leaf blade
- Apply it gently over the psoriasis affected nails and the surrounding areas
- Let it sit for a while until it is completely absorbed by the nails
Tea Tree Oil
One of the common causes of nail psoriasis is the fungal infection an there is nothing best that beats a fungal infection of the skin than applying some tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil has powerful anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties, all of which allow it to fight any microorganisms or fungi that can cause nail infections.
- Add 6 drops of tea tree oil in lukewarm water contained in a small tub. Soak your fingers in this water for at least 15 minutes. Afterward, only dry pat the nails.
Indian Iliac or also commonly known as Neem has been used in ancient Indian medicinal practice to treat myriad diseases. As nail psoriasis can be caused by a fungal infection, Neem is also a best remedy to treat it due to its strong antifungal and anti inflammatory properties. It not only treats the fungal infection but also prevents its further growth.
- Grind a handful of Neem leaves in water to make a thick paste add in it half a tsp of turmeric powder. Apply this paste over your nails and the surrounding skin. Let it sit for 1 hour and afterward, rinse it off with lukewarm water.