Nasal Congestion is a condition which is also more commonly known either as Blocked Nose or the Stuffy Nose. It is a condition that usually happens when the nasal cavity experiences swelling that causes the mucus to build up. This results in breathing difficulties and is often closely related to the following other conditions.
- Allergic reactions
Few common symptoms that are associated with Nasal Congestion are as follows.
- Pain in sinuses
- Excessive mucus build up
- Swelled up nasal tissues
- Watery eyes
- Hoarse voice
For our readers, we have collected some of the proven home remedies to treat nasal congestion. These home remedies can be used easily in the comfort of a person’s home without any adverse effects.
One of the popular remedies to treat nasal congestion is steam inhalation that works as a charm to relieve the pain associated with it. The remedy not only relieves from pain but also clears up the respiratory tract that might be itching.
To use it follow the following steps.
- Add some drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl of boiling water.
- Mix it well and simply inhale the steam coming from this water for at least 10 minutes
- Another popular steam inhalation remedy is to add some crushed pieces of carom seeds in the boiling water bowl. Inhale on this water for 10 minutes.
Another equally useable home remedy for nasal congestion is to perform nasal irrigation. It is usually performed by a saline solution and it helps to wash off the mucus and other irritants in the nasal passage.
In order to perform this remedy, mix 1 tsp of salt in 2 cups of warm water. To perform the nasal irrigation, follow any of the following methods.
- You can use a Neti Pot, which is a special container for flushing out the mucus as well as the fluids from the nasal passage. For using it, tilt the head slightly to the inside and pour the solution gently in one of the two nostrils. Allow the solution to be rained from the opposite nostril. Use the process vice versa for the other nostril.
- Another method is to put some salt solution on your hand and inhale it from one nostril at a time.
Cayenne pepper is also very effective and efficient in treating the nasal congestion as well as the blocked sinuses. It contains in it a mineral called Capsaicin which is like a natural decongestant. It offers instant relief from pain caused by inflamed sinuses.
Use any of the following methods.
- Add half a tsp of Cayenne pepper powder in 1 tbsp of raw honey and mix them well. Drink it a few times a day.
- Dip some Cayenne pepper on a tip of a cotton swab and insert it carefully in both nostrils. This will induce sneezing to clear up the sinuses. As for the burning sensation, it will abate gradually.
Spicy Tomato Tea
Drinking the Spicy Tomato tea is also effective in improving the mucosal flow for clearing the nasal passages to treat nasal congestion.
To make it follow the following steps.
- Extract 1 cup of tomato juice and add in it 2 cloves of garlic, 3 tsps of lemon juice, 1 pinch of sea salt and half a teaspoon of hot sauce. Boil all of the ingredients well until they are thoroughly dissolved.
- Drink this tea while it is still hot twice a day for at least 3 days.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!