Nausea is a condition that everyone has suffered from at least once in their life. Whenever a person feels nauseated, they might experience the following symptoms.
- Sweating excessively
- Extremely hot body temperature
- A feeling to vomit
In general term., nausea is a feeling that alerts the body that something is wrong. It may be a natural reaction to a certain thing a person has consumed most recently.
In other cases, it can be the underlying symptom for several following diseases.
- acid reflux
- motion sickness
- stomach disorder
- food poisoning
- infectious illnesses
Nausea is not a threatening medical condition but at times it can be quite irritating. For our readers, we offer some effective natural home remedies to treat nausea.
One of the best remedies for treating nausea out there includes Ginger. According to researchers, ginger root has in it volatile oils as well as pungent phenolic compounds that can positively influence the nervous system as well as the digestive system. This results in reducing the nauseating feeling.
- Add a single tsp of ginger root after grating in 1 cup of water and boil it. After 5 minutes, strain the liquid and add in it some honey for taste along with a little lemon juice. Drink this sweet and stingy ginger tea 3 times a day.
- A person can also nibble on a raw ginger root to reduce the nauseating feeling.
Peppermint acts as a calming agent over the stomach lining to get rid of the nausea feeling. Peppermint is packed with antispasmodic properties which help in the prevention of not only nausea but muscle cramps.
- Add 1 tsp of powdered peppermint in a cup and pour the hot water on top of it. Let it steep for a few minutes and afterward, add some honey for taste. Sip on this tasty tea while it’s still hot.
- Another alternative method is to drop a few drops of peppermint oil over tissue and take deep breaths of it.
Cumin stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes that aid in increased stomach digestion as well as absorption of the food nutrients by the body. This helps to greatly minimize nausea and other related symptoms.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds in an empty cup and pour warm water over it. Let the water steep for few minutes. Add in it a pinch of nutmeg for taste and sip on this tea while it is still hot. While sipping chew on those cumin seeds as well.
- Simply add some cumin seeds in water and drink it as it is for quick relief.
Aniseeds or more commonly known as Anise are beneficial in treating vomiting and nausea. Anise is packed with Anethol, which is a phytoestrogen that helps in the digestion process.
- Add half a teaspoon of anise in half a cup of warm water and let it steep for few minutes. Strain the liquid and add in it some honey for taste. Sipping on this tea alleviates nausea feeling.
- Simply chew on the aniseed for relief.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!