The very thought of being infected with pinworms is enough to make someone sacred. However, the fact remains that humans infected and infested with these parasites are common.
According to the CDC, humans across the world are most affected by Pinworms. These worms are only ¼ inch in length with white color.
They most commonly infect children between the ages of 5 to 10 years old. Some of the common symptoms associated with pinworms are as follows.
- Itching in the anal region
- Sleep restlessness due to constant itching
- Skin irritation particularly around the anus
Some other symptoms associated with having pinworms are as follows.
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Today we have gathered a list of effective natural home remedies to treat pinworms which are as follows.
Garlic has organosulfur compound in it named Allicin which is effective in combating the stomach worms.
The compounds antiparasitic nature helps in killing the already present eggs as well as prevents the female pinworms from laying any more eggs.
- Simply eating 2 to 3 cloves of raw garlic each day for at least 1 week is an effective remedy.
- An alternate method is to boil 2 pieces of crushed garlic in half a cup of milk and drink it only on an empty stomach.
Pumpkin seeds are also effective in fighting off pinworms. They are enriched with a compound called curcurbitin which comes with natural antiparasitic properties. It works by paralyzing the parasitic pinworms in the stomach as well as prevent them from latching on the intestinal walls. This allows them to be excreted out easily along with fecal deposits.
- Firstly a person affected with pinworms must fast for a period of 12 hours. Afterward, they must consume 2 tbsp of roasted pumpkin seeds. After 1 hour of that, they should drink 1 glass of lukewarm milk.
- An alternate method is to mix 1 tbsp of roasted pumpkin seeds with 1 tbsp of honey. Eating this mixture in the morning for at least 1 week is highly effective.
Indian lilac which is commonly known as Neem is an effective home remedy for the treatment of pinworms. With the natural antiparasitic properties of Indian lilac, it helps effectively kill the pinworms. It also removes any residual toxins from these parasites.
- Clean a handful of Neem leaves.
- Blend these Neem leaves in 1 cup of water until the liquid is in a smooth consistency.
- Strain the liquid and drink it on an empty stomach for a few weeks.
Bitter Gourds or also known as the bitter melons are packed with anthelmintic compounds. These compounds are effective in eliminating intestinal worms such as pinworms and hookworms. These compounds of bitter gourd are also effective in eliminating any residual toxins from these parasitic worms.
Simply make the juice of two ripe bitter gourds and consume it daily for 1 week.
Food-Grade DE (Diatomaceous Earth)
Food-grade diatomaceous earth (DE) has been proven effective in treating pinworms. This product is made from the chalk and sedimentary rock which itself is made from the fossilized algae known as diatoms. This substance works by dehydrating the pinworms and then slowly leading them to their death.
- Simply add 1 tbsp of food-grade DE in 12 ounces of water.
- Mix this well and drink it instantly only on an empty stomach.