To start off your day with bloodshot red eyes is not a great way but unfortunately, many people suffer from this problem.
While the red and bloodshot eyes are not that much of a serious condition, any condition which is directly related to eyes must not be ignored.
The appearance of the eyes to be bloodshot and red in color is due to the changes in the blood vessels which are responsible for blood supply to the membrane surrounding the front section of the eye.
Few of the causes for this condition are as follows.
- Dry eyes
For our readers, we have gathered a list of the easy to perform home remedies to treat red eyes.
Some of the common environmental factors that cause red eyes problem are as follows.
All of these can cause a person to rub their eyes constantly and thus causing them to be red. Rubbing constantly also causes them to be inflamed and appear redder than they should.
To provide instant relief from such condition, it is better to frequently rinse your eyes with cold water a few times a day. Be sure to remove any irritant that is causing the rubbing.
Rose Water has been proven to have natural soothing and relaxing properties for eye disorders. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps the eyes to have reduced inflammation as well as irritation which in the end cause the redness to subside.
- Simply soak 2 cotton pads in the rose water. Place these soaked cotton pads over the closed eyes and let them sit there for a few minutes.
- Another remedy is to simply pour 3 drops of rose water in each eye at least 2 times a day.
Another excellent ingredient to be used as a remedy for red eyes is Cucumber. It works by shrinking the blood vessels present in the eye and relieve from the ailment. Cucumber has been researched to have the following properties.
In order to perform the remedy, follow these steps.
- Take a refrigerated cucumber and ct a few slices of it.
- Place one slice on each eye
- Let it sit for half an hour
- Repeat the process a few times a day
Blinking More Often
When a person blinks more often, it causes the flow of the tears to moisten up the eyes. Blinking also helps to remove any irritant that might cause itch in the eyes which in turn promotes rubbing and ultimately red eyes.
The dry eyes condition can also be treated with blinking.
- Close the eyes fully and then count to 2
- Afterward, squeeze the eyelids tightly and again count to 2
- Now open up the eyes and then again count to 2
- Repeat this process at least 6 times to make one set
- Perform this exercise a few times a day
Chamomile has strong anti-allergenic properties that allow it to be a great substance to be used as a cold compress or to as an eyewash for red eyes. It also inhibits the production of histamine that prevents any allergic reaction in the eyes that can lead to red eyes.
- Take 1 cup of hot water and put 1 Chamomile teabag in it. Let it steep for a few minutes. Now remove the tea bag and let the tea cool down. Now use this tea as an eyewash for your red eyes.
- A person can also use these sued Chamomile tea bags as a cold compress. Simply place these tea bags in the freezer and place them over the eyes for 10 minutes for few times a day.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!