At one point in life, every one of us has experienced a mild sound of ringing in our ears. This condition is known as Tinnitus which means the ringing or sizzling sound in ears. The feeling can be either consistent or can happen in intervals as well as can occur in both ears.
Some of the common causes of Tinnitus are as follows.
- Age causing hearing loss
- Ear injury
- Infection in ears
- Massive exposure to loud noises
- High attitudes
- Infection of the respiratory system
- Blockage in the ear caused by earwax
- Deficiency of minerals and vitamins
For our readers today, we present to you some of the effective home remedies to treat tinnitus at home.
Ginkgo Biloba is regarded as one of the most effective herbal remedies for treating tinnitus. It helps to improve the blood circulation which results in improved ear function as well as it also reduces the ringing sounds in the ear.
The herb also comes with its antifungal as well as antibacterial properties that can treat any cause of underlying infection.
- Simply buy an extract of Ginkgo Biloba from your drug store. Ab average of 240 mg of the Ginkgo biloba extract contains 32% flavonoids along with 12% Terpenoids.
It should be kept out of the reach of children.
Another great remedy for treating tinnitus is Holy Basil. Holy Basil comes with anti-bacterial retires that kill any bacteria that might result in tinnitus. This herb is also effective providing relief from pain in ears.
- Blend a handful of basil leaves inside a blender and make a paste of them
- Strain the paste to extract the juice
- Warm this basil leaf juice slightly
- Get a dropper and drop 3 drops of this juice in each ear
Saline Solution is one of the commonly used remedies to treat tinnitus. The saline solution helps by removing any of the blocked sinuses passages that are blocked by excessive mucus.
- Make a saline solution by adding 1 tsp of salt and glycerin in 2 cups of warm water
- Put this solution in a nasal spray bottle and spray it in each nostril until these nostrils start to drain from the back of the throat
- Spray this solution in the throat as well
- Perform this remedy a few time a day for a few days
Mustard oil happens to be a natural rubefacient that helps increase blood circulation. It also comes with strong antibacterial as well as antifungal properties that treat any infection of ears. Its other properties include it boosting the immune system which helps to not only protect from any future infection but also to prevent wax build up.
- Warm some mustard oil in the microwave
- Drop a few drops of mustard oil in the affected ear
- Let the oil sit in the ear for 10 minutes
- Afterward, tilt the head sideways to let the oil drain out
- Now with help of a cotton bud, remove the softened earwax