Tears are important for our eyes as they help them be healthy by flushing out any foreign particles as well as keeping them lubricated. However, if the tear production is in excess, it can lead to a person having watery eyes.
Watery eyes are not only an annoying condition but can also hinder a person’s ability to see clearly at times.
Watery eyes have been named as Epiphora by medical science and are one of the common symptoms that many people suffer from. Watery eyes lead to excessive tear production and often cause them to drip from the eyes continuously which can lead to conditions like inflammation and irritation in eyes.
For our readers, we have gathered a few home remedies to treat watery eyes.
One of the leading causes of watery eyes is the yes being contaminated with following.
Watery eyes caused by these can be treated simply by rinsing them frequently. Rinsing eyes frequently leads to them being cleaned by clearing up any foreign particle as well as a chemical from the eyes.
To perform rinsing, close your eyes wide open and give them a splash of cold water only. Also, avoid rubbing the eyes during this to prevent worsening the conditions.
Castor oil is proven to be an excellent remedy for many eye conditions such as dry eyes that can lead to watery eyes. In case of dry eyes, it prevents the evaporation of tears from eyes. It also comes with anti-inflammatory properties which prevent the eyes from being swollen or red.
In order to perform castor oil remedy, the user must only use a pure and organic castor oil which is free from hexane.
- Put some castor oil in the eye dropper
- Drip 1 drop of castor oil in each eye
- Repeat the remedy 2 times a day
Eyebright is a flower that helps treat numerous eye related disorders and is most effective in case of watery eyes. It helps to treat eye infections that can lead to irritation or inflammation.
The eyebright has strong infection combating and fluid drying properties which prevents the progression of eye infection as well as promote healing for the eyes.
- Slightly warm 1 tsp of eyebright herb mixed in 1 cup of water
- Let it cool down and then strain the liquid
- Use this strained liquid for your eyes as an eyewash
Rose water has been used to treat myriad eye-related disorders since ancient times.
Rose water comes with strong antiseptic properties that allow the eyes to be not only prevented but also be treated from eye infections that can cause watery eyes.
- Put some rose water in an eye dropper and drip 3 drops of it in each eye.
- Mix 4 drops of rose water in some water and use it as an eyewash to clean the eyes.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Consumption of food that is enriched with Omega-3 fatty acids is highly beneficial for treating eye conditions like dry eyes which can often lead to watery eyes.
Dry eyes are usually caused by lack of food that does not have many omega-3 fatty acids in it. These fatty acids are an integral part of those molecules which keep the eyes healthy.
- Simply add some Omega-3 fatty acids rich diet in your food. Some common choices are fishes like salmon, sardines and red herring.
- Some vegetables, seeds, nuts and soy-based products are also packed with Omega-3 fatty acids
- One final alternative is to simply use Omega-3 supplements that are easily available in the market.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!