The term Xerosis is used to medically explain the condition of a very dry skin that affects the people normally in extremely dry as well as cold months. This condition usually occurs when the layer of skin lacks in moisture on the outer side.
According to medical experts, this condition normally occurs due to the combination of lower humidity levels as well as the cold temperatures. Both of them in their combined effect suck out the moisture of the skin. In addition this, other factors such as using the heaters as well as the air ventilation systems also add to dehydrating the skin.
Other common causes of Xerosis are as follows.
- Washing skin with harsh soaps
- Long showers
- Sun exposure for an extended period of time
- Poor diet
- Swimming in chlorinated pools
For our readers today, we bring to you some easy to perform and natural home remedies to treat Xerosis (Dry Skin).
Coconut oil has been sued since ancient times for treating many skin disorders and Xerosis is no different in this regard. The oil is packed with fatty acids that compensate in place of any moisture loss from the skin. It is also enriched with vitamin E that aids in retaining the skin moisture.
- Take some, coconut oil and warm it in a microwave. Apply it over the skin before taking a bath. Massage well so that the oil is able to penetrate deep inside the skin. Before taking the shower, wait 10 minutes.
- For maximum effect, apply some coconut oil on the skin after taking a bath.
Honey, which is packed with antioxidants as well as Humectant and antioxidant properties, is a moisturizer from nature. All of these properties of honey make it an excellent product for fighting off the dry skin. Honey also helps in locking the moisture of the skin and thus makes the skin soft and supple.
- Before going for a bath, take some honey and rub it all over the body. Gently massage this honey on the skin in circular motions. Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it off by taking a hot water bath.
- Another method is to mix some honey as well as glycerine in equal amounts. Apply this mixture over the skin and massage the body. Let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with a warm bath.
There is nothing better to fight off any skin related disorders than the Aloe Vera.
Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer that helps to keep the skin not only hydrated but also adds to its elasticity to make the skin look younger. Aloe Vera also maintains the pH levels of the skin and prevents it from looking greasy.
- Take a lead of Aloe Vera and extract pout its gel.
- Apply this gel over the body
- Massage the skin in a manner so that the gel is absorbed by the skin
- Wait for at least half an hour before taking a lukewarm bath
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!