Ever puzzled in case your nails develop on the similar pace? Our toenails develop 2-3 occasions slower than our fingernails! It’s crucial to chop and take care of toenails appropriately to keep away from ingrowing and infections, in any other case you’ll be ready some time for the nail to develop out.
Can I cease ingrown toenails in my baby?
It’s estimated that 50% of ingrown toenails in youngsters and adolescents are brought on by nail slicing method. Normally if our sufferers are affected by ingrown toenails and have poor slicing method, we observe the next:
- Nails that curve down into the sides
- Nails that reduce deep down into the sides
- ‘Picked’ or ripped off nails
These points are simply preventable by at all times slicing the nails straight throughout with nail scissors.
The right way to appropriately trim toenails
- Trim straight throughout your toenails
- Use correct nail filing scissors or straight-edge clippers each time
- Handle sharp ends gently utilizing a nail file
- Go away simply a few millimetres of white nail on the ideas
- Intention to trim or verify your baby’s toenails each month
Want quick aid from ingrown toenails?
Our podiatrists supply ingrown toenail treatment so ensure that to make an appointment should you, or somebody is struggling.