Last time we presented our readers with some amazing benefits of turmeric on the skin and now we are back with some more. Actually this time some of these turmeric effects can also work as first aid tips.
So without further wait, we present to you more amazing effects of turmeric on skin.
Protection from Sun Damage
In these warm summer days, the skin is most affected by the harmful Ultra Violet radiation of the brightly burning sun causing some serious damage to the skin. A long term exposure to such UV radiation can cause it to become dull and dark. Turmeric with its natural skin lightening as well as anti-aging properties is able to act as a natural fairness cream for the sin.
- Mix half a tsp of turmeric powder in half a tsp of raw milk and lemon juice. Mix it to form a thick paste and rub it over the face and let it dry on its own. Rinse it off with cold water.
- You can also add in equal amounts of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder. Add in them a little amount of rose water to make a creamy texture. Apply this over the face and let it settle for half an hour. Rinse it off with cold water.
Delaying Signs of Aging
Being enriched with antioxidants, turmeric helps to protect the skin from the oxidative stress of the body. This then helps to slow down any signs of premature aging such as the following.
- Dark Spots
- Fine lines
Two of the best remedies to treat skin aging from turmeric use are as follows.
- You can simply buy Curcumin, the main compound in turmeric in supplemental form and consume it daily for improved results.
- For wrinkles, you can add in ¼ tbsp of turmeric powder in 1 tbsp of yogurt to make a paste. Apply this over the wrinkles and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cool water.
Aids in Treatment of Psoriasis
Turmeric can not only help treat eczema but it can also help in relieving the symptoms and appearance of Psoriasis. Curcumin in turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory properties that help to treats the following symptoms of Psoriasis.
You can make a paste to treat psoriasis by using the following remedies.
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder in some water and make a thick paste of it. Apply it over the affected skin areas and let it dry on its own by leaving it for the night. In the morning, wash it off with only lukewarm water.
- You can also add 1 tbsp of turmeric in a glass full of Almond milk and add in some honey for taste as well. Drink this milk two times a day for improved results.
With its antioxidant compounds, turmeric can bestow natural luster and glow to the skin. It also is great in reducing dark spots by stopping skin pigmentation.
- Add half a tsp of turmeric powder in 1 tsp of milk and honey.
- Mix them well to make a thick paste
- Apply it over the facial skin and the neck region
- Let it sit for half an hour
- Rinse it off with cool water
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!