Inflammation is the body’s cellular response to protect the body from the following agents.
This usually occurs when the body suffers either an injury or an infection. This is the biological response that refers that the body is trying to heal on its own. Usually, the inflammation is manifested in the following forms.
- Localized swelling
- Redness of the skin
- Rise in temperature
This inflammatory response of the body is essential in its ability to not heal wounds but also the infections as well as the tissue damage.
Today we bring for our readers a few natural home remedies for reducing skin inflammation.
Apply Hot and Cold Compress
One of the first and initial remedies to treat inflammation is either heat or the cold compress. They not only help reduce the swelling but also the pain associated with it. When the heat compress is applied, it causes the muscles to reduce the tension and improve their flexibility. As for cold therapy, it’s numbing effect results in the reduction of inflammation.
A person affected from inflammation can use both heat and cold compresses either simultaneously or independently on their condition, separately.
- Take 2 bowls and fill one with warm water and another with the cold water.
- Soak a piece of clean cloth in warm water and place it over the affected body part for at least 5 minutes.
- Take another piece of cloth and soak it in cold water.
- Place this over the affected area for another 5 minutes.
- It is recommended to perform this remedy at least twice a day in case of inflammation.
Drinking the Turmeric Milk
Turmeric has been used by ancient medicinal practitioners for centuries to treat inflammation. This is because turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory properties. It has a compound in it named Curcumin which helps to not only reduce inflammation but also the pain associated with it.
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder in one glass of warm milk. Stir the turmeric powder well before drinking.
- Another method is to consume Curcumin supplements. However, it is advised to take them only after consulting the doctor.
Drinking Ginger Tea
Although pungent, Ginger is still an effective remedy for the treatment of inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger are due to a compound named Gingerol.
- In order to make ginger tea. Grate a piece of ginger root. Add this grated ginger tea in2 cups of water and boil it for at least 10 minutes. Strain the liquid and for taste, add a little honey in it.
- An alternate method is to massage the affected area with the ginger oil as it provides relief from not only inflammation but also the pain and stiffness accompanied by it.
Cayenne Pepper has been used and tested to be one of the effective home remedies to fight against inflammation.
The pepper has a natural compound called Capsaicinoids in it that give the Cayenne Pepper its very own anti-inflammatory properties. These natural Capsaicinoids have a compound called Capsaicin. This compound prevents the activation of the pain stimulators in the brain which in turn reduces the pain sensation.
- In the market, there are many capsaicin supplements but it is recommended to use them only after consulting the doctor.
- Another is the use of the cream and lotions that have capsaicin in their constitution in the percentages of 0.25 to 0.075 percent.