Gout is a disease which is associated with arthritis. It usually affects the following body parts.
- The small joint of hands
Symptoms associated with Gout are as follows.
- Acute pain
- Inflammation of the joints
- Intense tenderness in joints
Although the exact cause of Gout formation is not known, it is believed that it is caused by the accumulation of high Uric Acid I the body. Some other causes related to Gout development are as follows.
- excessive alcohol consumption
- lack of physical exercise
- excessive intake of protein
For our readers, we present to you a few natural home remedies to treat gout.
Ginger root has amazing anti-o0nfalmmatory properties which makes it one of the best natural remedies to relieve pain from Gout. Some of the ways to use ginger root for treating gout at home are as follows.
- Mix Ginger root in equal amounts with other ingredients like turmeric powder and the fenugreek seed powder. Take 1 tbsp of this powder every morning with only lukewarm water.
- For simple use, just add a bit of ginger root in your every meal or simply eat one raw ginger root daily.
- Make a tea from ginger root buy boiling some in water. Brew it well and sieve it to drink.
Cherries be them be sweet or sour, they are helpful in treating the gout problem all thanks to their enriched antioxidant properties. Cherries are also packed with Anthocyanins that help reduce the inflammation as well.
- It is recommended by doctors that Gout patient must eat 20 grams of cherries daily.
- One other option for these patients is to drink a glass of black cherry juice on a regular basis.
Epsom salt is another easily obtainable ingredient that can treat gout as well as other types of arthritis. Epsom salt is packed with high levels of magnesium that not only lower the high blood pressure but also keep the cardiovascular health in check. Soaking the body in Epsom salt bath is highly relaxing to relieve the aching and stiffed muscles.
- For making a bath of Epsom salt, simply add 2 cups of it in the warm water
- Immerse your body in the bath until the water loses its heat
Activated Chaco is renowned for its ability to absorb uric acid from the body. It can also be used for treating gout.
- Mix some charcoal in water to make a past. Put this paste in a bathtub and add some hot water. Soak your body in this water for a minimum of half an hour.
- If you have gout appearing on multiple parts of the body, then make some paste and apply it individually over all of them. Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Patients can also take charcoal capsules orally in order to relieve from gout pain.
Placing your affected gout area under cold water also helps to relieve the pain by reducing the swelling. This does not mean that you should apply ice directly over the gout affected area. It can result in skin damage to make the condition even worse.