Dry or also known as the chapped lips are some of the commonly occurring conditions of the lips. This condition can not only make the appearance of lips unattractive but also result in pain as well as discomfort. The skin over the lips is soft and it requires a person to provide it with special care as well as protection.
Ranging from harsh weather conditions to dehydration; there are numerous causes for the chapped lips. Some of these causes are as follows.
- Vitamin deficiency
- Lack of proper care
- Prolonged breathing from mouth
- Allergic reaction
- Exposure to sun
- Extremely cold weather
For our readers, we have selected a list of few natural remedies to avoid having the chapped lips as well as effectively treating them.
To achieve the natural softness of the chapped lips, one great was is to exfoliate the skin of the lips by removing the dead skin cells. For this sugar can be used to make a lip skin scrub.
- Add 2 tsps of sugar in 1 tsp of honey. Mix them well to form a thick paste
- Apply this thick paste over the chapped lips and let it sit for at least 1 minute.
- With the finger, rub this paste equally all over the lips to make the lip skin loose.
- Rinse it off with warm water
Honey is used for the treatment of many skin related disorders and to treat chapped lips with honey is no different. Honey is a natural moisturizer for the skin and also has natural antibacterial properties that fasten the healing process.
- There is no need to make a scrub, apply the raw honey over the lips and rub it gently.
- An alternate remedy is to mix some honey and glycerin in equal proportions to make a paste. Apply this paste over chapped lips before going to bed.
Rose petals are also effective in making the skin of lips supple as well as treat chapped lips. It keeps the lips moisturized as well as promotes their natural pink color.
- Take a handful of rose petals and clean them thoroughly with water.
- Soak these clean petals in some milk for at least 24 hours.
- Take these rose petals out of the milk and mash them to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste gently over the lips 3 times each day. Also, apply this paste before sleeping as well.
Coconut oil is also another natural moisturizer for skin. It helps to treat the dry skin of any of the body parts due to harsh cold weathers and that includes chapped lips as well.
- Simply warm some coconut oil and apply it over the chapped lips to keep them hydrated.
Castor Oil is an effective alternative for coconut oil due to its hydrating properties which also makes it an effective remedy for the chapped lips.
- Apply a little amount of castor oil 3 times each day over the lips.
- A soothing lip balm can be made by add 1 tsp of castor oil and glycerin in 3 drops of lemon juice. Apply this thick paste over the lips before sleeping. Wash it off in the morning. Perform until the lips are fully healed.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!