Cankers are those red tiny bumps with the yellow and white center that are normally formed around the following areas.
Few of the common symptoms associated with canker sores are as follows.
- Tingling sensation near the affected area
- Swollen lymph nodes
As for the causes of Cankers Sores, they can be caused due to the following.
- Mouth trauma
- Immense stress
- Poor diet
- Hormonal changes
- Affected immune system
- Food allergies
- Vitamin deficiency
T0day we present a few easy to perform natural remedies to treat cankers sores.
Honey is helpful in releasing the pain as well as the inflammation caused due to canker sores. Combining it with turmeric, which has antiseptic properties aids greatly in eliminating canker sores.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey with half a tsp of turmeric powder to a make a paste. Put this paste over the affected canker sore area and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- A simple way is to apply some honey over canker sores as it eases the pain and the inflammation caused by canker sores.
Coriander is a spice that has natural antifungal, antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties making it perfect for providing relief of the pain caused by canker sores.
- Put 1 tsp of coriander seeds in 1 cup of water and boil it. Strain the liquid and rinse the mouth with it at least 3 times a day.
- Another method is to simply boil some water with coriander leaves in it and drink it. However, instead of gulping it down, keep it in the mouth for a bit. This will allow the juice to wet the affected areas as much as possible.
Licorice Root has an active ingredient called ‘glycyrrhizin’ which due to its anti-inflammatory properties provides relief from canker sores.
- Soak 1 tbsp of crushed licorice root in 2 cups of water and let it sit for 3 hours. Gargle from this solution three times a day.
- Another method is to simply get some licorice root extract and apply it over the canker sores.
Tea bag, after use, contains a substance in it called tannic Acid which is a type of an anti-stringent that relieves the pain as well as inflammation caused by canker sores.
- After making the tea from a tea bag, place it moist tea bag in the refrigerator to let it cool for some time.
- Press this cold tea bag over the affected area for at least 15 minutes.
- Perform this remedy 2 times a day until canker sores are gone for good.
Sage has natural soothing properties that help alleviate the pain and inflammation caused due to the canker sore. In addition to this, it is a natural anti stringent which allows it to have a drying effect over these canker sores.
- Add 3 tsps of sage leaves in 2 cups of water and boil it for 15 minutes. Let the liquid cool down and gargle with this liquid, a few times each day.
- An alternate method is to apply the powder of sage leaves on the canker sores directly.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!