Did you know that all across the world, people spend over 5 billion dollars annually alone on whitening their teeth? The reason for this astoundingly high figure is that the Teeth Whitening procedures are very high in cost and they need to be used over and over again for maintaining the teeth’s whiteness. However, we do not pay attention that this teeth whitening can be done right at our home and only with natural ingredients. The only downside of them is that it takes a little bit longer than the dental procedures for getting the whiter teeth but they are much more permanent.
We believe in the fact that ordinary things can do magic for human health if they are used properly. This is why; today we bring to you a few of the natural ways for getting whiter teeth at home. All of them are free from side effects if done with proper care.
Salt & ginger
For this natural remedy, you will need the following items.
- Grind a little piece of ginger with a grater.
- Take about ¼ tsp of salt and mix it in the grated ginger.
- Cut a lemon slice and squeeze the juice of it in this mixture and mix all of these ingredients well.
- Apply it with a toothbrush each morning.
Kaolin clay is the only thing you need for this teeth whitening remedy and this can be bought from any drug store.
- Simply apply a little bit of the Kaolin Clay on your teeth with fingers and then brush it well over your teeth with a soft toothbrush. Refrain from applying too much pressure.
- Rinse afterward with the clean water.
This home remedy requires only water and Epsom Salt.
- Mix the Epsom salt into the water in equal parts.
- Stir them well until the salt is fully dissolved in the water.
- Apply this salty mixture onto your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- One can also simply gargle on this salty water and rinse their mouth afterward with plain water.
This home remedy for teeth whitening requires some clean water and Neem leaves.
- Add some of the Neem leaves into a pot full of water and let it boil.
- After half an hour, strain the leaves from water and then let the water cool down to normal.
- Gargling on the solution will clean the mouth as well as helps make the teeth get whiter.
Coconut oil and Peppermint Leaves
Coconut oil and peppermint leaves are the 2 ingredients needed for this remedy.
- Grind the peppermint leaves and add these grounded leaves into the Coconut oil.
- Mix both of these ingredients well and apply this mixture onto teeth with a soft bristle toothbrush.
- Beware to not use the peppermint in high amount; only 3 to 5 leaves are enough for this homemade remedy.
Baking soda &Hydrogen peroxide
You will require Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda for this teeth whitening remedy.
- Mix the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda in 1:2 ratios.
- Stir both of these ingredients well to form a paste-like mixture.
- Use a soft toothbrush to apply some of this mixture onto the teeth directly and then brush teeth gently.
- Rinse the mouth afterward with plain water. Be sure to rinse the whole mouth thoroughly.
For this teeth whitening remedy, one requires the following ingredients.
- Coconut oil or Water
- Cocoa Powder
- Mix the cocoa powder in either water or coconut oil well.
- Stir these ingredients well until a thick paste is formed.
- Apply this paste onto the teeth and brush thoroughly yet gently.
- Afterward, rinse the mouth with plain water.
Vinegar & baking Soda
- Add 1 tbsp of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) in 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Stir them well until they make a homogenous mixture.
- Brush teeth with this mixture and be sure to rinse the mouth thoroughly with plain clean water.
We would like to make a note to our readers that all of the above-stated remedies are to be used with caution. One must only apply these remedies 2 to 3 times in a week for a few weeks and also they must take intervals in-between. If one feels pain or other sensitivity in their teeth, they must immediately stop these procedures for their dental health.