Low-carb frozen and fast meal choices that use high quality substances that don’t price an arm and a leg will be onerous to come back by!
Actual Good Meals is one firm that has lately launched a wide range of new merchandise starting from microwavable lunches and breakfast sandwiches to even ice cream. They despatched me some merchandise to check out for gratis in order that I might relay my views on the style, comfort, and from a diabetes administration perspective. I didn’t obtain further compensation for this overview and all opinions are my very own.
Learn on for my sincere overview.
Who They Are
Real Good Foods is an organization dedicated to creating “REAL Meals You Really feel GOOD About Consuming.” The family-owned enterprise was based in 2017 and at this time delivers a wide range of comfort meals which can be all:
- Made with actual, nutrient-dense substances
- Excessive in protein
- Low in carbohydrate
- Freed from added sugar
At present, the corporate carries meals objects within the following classes:
- Entrees, together with enchiladas, as wells as a wide range of bowls; Nearly all of this stuff present not less than 15-20 g of protein per serving, and might comprise as little as 2 g internet carbohydrates (some are larger, however by no means over 11 g of internet carbs). The enchiladas are made with a tortilla that’s produced from rooster and cheese, whereas many bowls incorporate cauliflower rice and non-starchy veggies to maintain that carb rely down.
- Breakfast sandwiches, that are made with a cauliflower and cheese bun, and boast 18 g of protein and solely 4 g internet carbohydrate per sandwich.
- Stuffed rooster and nuggets (primarily stuffed with cheese and greens) that usually ship over 30 g of protein and just about no carbohydrates
- Pizza, which is made with a number of various kinds of crusts (caveat: the rooster one has so much fewer carbohydrates than the opposite varieties!)
- Ice Cream, which is primarily sweetened with allulose, a more moderen sugar substitute that’s naturally occurring and most popular by many to different alternatives
I attempted out a number of merchandise, together with beef enchiladas, a rooster lasagna bowl, bacons and egg breakfast sandwiches, and eventually, an array of ice lotions. General, I loved the whole lot I attempted, and it was very handy to have a low-carb high-protein meal out there when I’m pressed for time. For me personally, I really feel that the lunches I attempted (enchiladas and bowls) had been a bit of on the small facet, though it might simply be as a result of I typically skip breakfast, so are typically extra hungry at lunchtime.
I wish to prime the bowls and enchiladas alike with some bitter cream and/or guacamole as nicely. I feel the flavors had been daring and the meals tasted fairly good. Importantly, the substances had been easy and so the meals had been straightforward to bolus for and didn’t wreak havoc on my blood sugar ranges. As an example, the chicken lasagna bowl was basically simply marinara sauce, ricotta filling, rooster, and cheese!
So far as the breakfast sandwiches, I used to be pleasantly stunned on the style and texture. To be truthful, the cauliflower and cheese “bun” doesn’t style something like an English muffin, to me. However, it delivers a pleasant taste and texture, and is a superb breakfast or snack for me, on-the-go. My husband and daughter additionally agreed that these had been fairly good!
Lastly, the ice lotions, which can be found in a mess of flavors, actually had been a success with everybody in my household who tried them! They’re:
- Tanzanian Vanilla
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Salted Caramel
- Mocha Java Chip
- Cake Batter
Really one thing for everybody, and my four-year-old is very a fan of the chocolate. As I typically say, it have to be good if it handed the toddler take a look at for what’s an appropriate dessert!
The ice cream, of all of the merchandise, was most likely my favourite as nicely. Is it significantly nutritious as in comparison with a few of the different meals? In fact not; nonetheless, I feel everybody wants a bit of ice cream of their life, and this line actually delivered on that. You possibly can’t go mistaken with complete and easy substances with regards to ice cream, and because it’s sweetened with allulose and a bit of little bit of stevia, it hardly impacts my blood sugar ranges, even with none further insulin.
Along with having fun with the style and feeling like these meals made it simpler to decide on more healthy choices for me, I used to be additionally pleased with the worth level. Whereas not the most cost effective comfort meals, this firm strikes a really cheap steadiness between high quality and worth. The entrees are proper round $7, give or take; the breakfast sandwiches are available in at proper over ~$2 per sandwich, whereas a pint of the ice cream is often priced at $7.99, on the corporate web site. I additionally seen they’ve some objects on sale; for example, final I checked, there have been a number of ice cream choices that price between $3.99 and $5.99.
You should buy immediately kind the web site, or use a mapping tool to seek out the distributor that’s closest to you.
General, I used to be pleased with the style, results on blood sugar ranges, and the comfort of the meals I sampled, and was significantly impressed with the ice cream line. I’d undoubtedly suggest this to anybody in search of fast meals which can be nutritious and blood sugar-friendly.
Have you ever tried any of those? What are your favorites?