If you think you are the only one with the heel pain, then you are wrong. Many of us suffer from this pain. There are a variety of causes for this heel pain to occur from trauma to being overweight to wearing the uncomfortable shoes.
Still, the one thing that is common for whatever the cause of the heel pain is that it should not be left unattended for very long. The reason is that this problem tends to progress and can be a cause for other problems of the foot as well.
The first step to treating any condition is to know the cause of the problem. Taking this into account, we came up with reasons why the heel hurts in morning or every time standing up and their treatments.
A fracture in the cracks or calcaneus of the heel can cause the injury. Sometimes these injuries are so minor that it takes a long time for them to even show up.
Treatment of this cause depends upon the exact type of heel fracture. Some fractures require the nonsurgical intervention like immobilizing the foot in the cast boot to prevent the moment of the broken bone. For this type of fracture, the RICE method is also effective, which is the abbreviation for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. The RICE method starts with resting the foot and then putting ice on it and wearing the compression socks while keeping the foot at an alleviated level of the human heart.
Reactive arthritis is the condition which affects joints of the human body with the past infections being the base such as the following infection.
- Diseases which affect the gastrointestinal tract or the Urinary System
The symptoms of worsening Reactive arthritis not only include heel pain but also the inflammation in joints.
If the inflammation occurs due to the diseases such as gonorrhea, Chlamydia or any other diseases of genitals, then they must be treated at the earliest convenience.
Arthrosis is the condition which results in the deformation as well as the destruction of the human body’s joints which includes the heel too.
The treatment for the Arthrosis has the goal to provide pain relief and includes the following.
- Injecting the hyaluronic acid directly into the damaged joint for reduction of inflammation and to increase the mobility.
- Reduction of excessive weight for reducing the stress on the affected joint
- Replacement of the inured joint with the artificial one.
- A home remedy for treating Arthrosis is to simply rub the lemon juice from a freshly cut lemon on the affected area.
Bursitis is the condition which itself is caused due to the inflammation occurring on the particular sac.
Often, Bursitis gets treated on its own and for most cases, the doctor recommends the use of the inflammation-fighting antibiotic if it is caused due to an infection. For critical cases, doctors recommend surgical intervention for the removal of Bursitis.
As for other countermeasures to provide relief, they are as follows.
- Taking ibuprofen
- When a person sleeps, to place the pillow in between the legs for relieving the tension.
- Taking the warm bath or applying the heat pad on the inflamed area.
Due to gout, Urea tends to start depositing in the joints which can cause severe pain in the heel.
In ore for reducing the pain, applying the ice over the affected area and lifting the leg up to the heart level can do the trick. In addition to that, taking anti-inflammatory drugs can also treat the problem.
The main treatment for the removal of the gout is to treat the reduction of uric acid from the body. For that, you can try doing the following things.
- Drinking plenty of fluids
- Abstaining from alcohol
- Using special medications such as the Allopurinol, only after the recommendation of the doctor.
Plantar fasciitis is the condition which causes the inflammation to occur in the plantar fascia. This is the tendon that connects the calcaneus with other parts of the human foot, especially the toes. The main symptom of this condition is intense pain in the heel.
There is no one special treatment for this condition. Still, there are a lot of ways to help alleviate the heel pain along with the prevention of this disease.
- The first tip is to reduce the amount of pressure applied on both legs as well as refraining from walking and running.
- For reducing eh pain in feet, try applying ice.
The heel spur is formed after the calcium starts to deposit in the heel bone. This condition usually occurs when the person suffers injuries to the feet or suffers from the concomitant diseases of both the bones and joints. Heel spurs cause intense pain in the heels especially when a person steps on their foot.
The treatment of the heel spurs can be carried out by following ways.
- Wearing the heel pads or the orthopedic insoles
- Doctors often recommend the physiotherapy which involves the mineral baths, ultrasound therapy, and the mud baths.
- For critical cases, doctors often treat it by removing the entire heel bone with surgical intervention.
Damage to the Achilles tendon
If a person suffers the pain in heel especially after they step on their feet following an intense workout, then they might have damaged their Achilles tendon.
Most cases of torn Achilles tendon tend to heal on their own and the process can be sped up by taking the following measures.
- Using painkillers such as the ibuprofen.
- Walking with crutches to avoid weight and pressure on the legs.
Deep cracks suffered in the hardened layer of the skin can result in severe pain of heel when a person walks and in extreme cases, it can also cause bleeding.
The very first tip is to see a dermatologist for ruling out any possible case of fungal infection.
Cracked heels are often caused due to dry skin and this usually occurs in summer when most people wear open shoes. To reduce the occurrence of cracked heels, it is best to keep your feet moisturized for removal of the dead skin.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!