Your teeth are like any other part of your body that requires your utmost attention and care. If any of you do not like to visit the dentist, you can take care of your dental health at home. According to dentists, excellent dental hygiene can be achieved by having some simple dietary changes.
For our readers today, we have gathered a bunch of simple yet effective natural tricks that a person can do at home to prevent not only tooth decay but also reverse the cavities.
Change eating habits
Changing the eating habits along with switching to a healthy dietary pattern is always helpful and beneficial for the body no matter what goal person is trying to achieve. According to a study, the change in diet can also lead to a reversal of tooth decay. Some of us already are aware of the fact that the consumption of foods that are rich in sugar lead to teeth decay while the Phytic Acid in sugar times stops the absorption of calcium by teeth. You can have great dental health if you follow these two simple rules.
- Eat more calcium enriched foods as it is the building block for bones and teeth. Common dietary products like milk, yogurt, cheese, and sour cream are all great choices for a dairy diet.
- Drink unsweetened beverage instead of sweet sugar sodas, juices, and fizzy drinks. Some great alternatives include simple water, fruit smoothies, and unsweetened tea. Water, in particular, is great for health as it decreases the dehydration and also promotes the growth of Saliva.
Chew sugarless gum
While it might sound ironic to you, chewing on sugarless gum is actually a great way to prevent tooth decay. Majority of sugar-free gums have in them a substance called Xylitol, a natural sweetener, which unlike other foods, does not promote the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
On a plus side, chewing on gum produces more salvia which will eventually wash away any left food particles in the mouth.
Clean and change the toothbrush regularly
The most important tool for cleaning teeth is a Toothbrush but only a few of us are aware that choosing the right toothbrush for the job is also very important.
- When choosing a toothbrush, buy the one which is either small or medium sized. Also, make sure that the bristles of the toothbrush are soft and are able to penetrate the crevices of the molars where food normally remains stuck.
- Do not cover the toothbrush with toothbrush cover as it contains microorganisms and other bacteria. It is best to only rinse the toothbrush before each use and left it to dry by air. Also, do not leave the toothbrush in a toilet as that place is filled with fecal bacteria.
- Make a habit of changing the toothbrush regularly because, with time, the bristles of toothbrush deteriorate and become less useful in cleaning.
Follow a basic dental care routine
According to a survey, 42 percent of the world population only brushes their teeth for oral care instead of following a full care routine. To protect teeth from early decay, follow these simple dental care rules.
- Brush teeth for 2 minutes at least twice a day. Brush in a manner that toothbrush reaches the farthest corners of the mouth.
- Floss the teeth because sometimes brushing does not work properly. Use the dental floss to pull out any remaining chunks of food stuck in between teeth.
- Use mouthwash as it contains anti-bacterial properties which get rid of any bacteria population residing in the mouth.
Make your own remineralizing toothpaste
To make this toothpaste at home, a person needs a few simple natural ingredients that are available on any store. Since all the components are natural, there is no chance of harming your teeth. To make the toothpaste, you will need the following items.
- 4 tbsp of calcium powder
- 1 tbsp of Stevia
- 1 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp of Baking Soda
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil
Mix all these ingredients well until a paste is formed with no crumbs. Use this instead of over the counter toothpaste.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!