Most often, the weather is responsible for affecting skin that can cause the skin to lose it a natural glow. For example, the winter season, which comes with dry wind and low temperatures when combined with the effects of indoor heating, can wreak havoc for the skin.
It can cause the skin to be dry as wells flaky leading to a dull complexion along with cracked lips as well as skin irritation and itching. While the proper skin care product routine application is one way to deal with the skin problems, another is to take care of the diet.
There are certain foods that actually help a person maintain overall great skin health and even make it glow naturally.
For our readers, we have gathered a list of superfoods to promote skin glow.
Grapefruit is packed with vitamin C which is an antioxidant that helps the skin to remain protected from free radicals that damage the skin. It also comes with lycopene that allows the skin to be smooth.
As for the potassium present in grapefruit, it causes a lessening effect on wrinkles and the aging spots along with protecting the skin naturally from UV radiation.
- Drinking fresh juice of grapefruits promotes better skin health.
- A face mask can also be made from grapefruit. Mix juice of 1 grapefruit in 1 tbsp of honey and half a cup of oatmeal powder. Apply this paste over your face and let it dry. Rinse it off with warm water.
Carrots are packed with many antioxidants with Vitamin A being the most. All of these help the skin be healthy, glowing and vibrant. In addition to this, it also causes the skin to have lesser signs of aging which includes things like pigmentation and wrinkles.
Carrots are also enriched with lycopene, carotenoids and beta-carotene hat act as a natural barrier against the UV radiations. As for the dry skin problem, it is tackled with enriched levels of potassium in carrots.
- Drinking 1 glass of carrot juice can keep the skin hydrated from the inside.
- As for a carrot mask, mix the 2 tsp of carrot puree in 1 tsp of honey and milk cream as well as few drops of olive oil. Apply this paste on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
Almonds are another food item which is enriched with antioxidants that have wondrous effects on the skin, especially dealing the dry skin problems. They are packed with Vitamin E that allows the body to be nourished as well as protect it from inside against the harmful effects of UV radiation.
Almonds also come with a strong anti-aging property that allows them to reduce the wrinkles as well as a fine line on skin.
- Before going for a bath, it is better to massage your body either with almond milk or almond oil. This allows the body to have an amazing glow and a radiant complexion.
Spinach has numerous health benefits and one of them is on skin health. This dark green leafy vegetable has numerous nutrients for providing healthy skin cells that allow them to fight the natural skin aging processes like wrinkles.
Spinach is packed with the antioxidant Vitamin A which allows the skin to remain healthy as well as improves its tone. Vitamin C, another one of the many antioxidants in the spinach helps the skin cells in their repair to keep the skin glowing and vibrant.
- Drinking 1 glass of Spinach with half a tsp of lemon juice allows the skin to be protected from myriad skin problems.