The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery presented a statistical data back in 2017 according to which nearly 17 million women across the world decided to undergo Botox to tighten the sagging skin on their neck and faces. While the Botox is the easiest of all the treatments to treat sagging skin, there are still many of the natural ways to treat sagging skin which is not known by the masses. The reason for these methods to remain unknown for such a long time is that they are all time consuming and require a lot of dedication from the person. But when a person adheres to these tips and remedies, they not only treat the condition but also have a positive effect on overall bodily health.
For our readers, we have gathered a bunch of tips and remedies to make the saggy skin of neck and face disappear for good.
Limiting the sugar intake
Nearly all of us know what devastating effects too much sugar intake can cause a person’s health and skin is not an exception from this problem as well. Metabolism of sugar causes a process called Glycation that forms AEGs that start to break down the collagen. Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin tightened. AEGs cause this collagen to break down much rapidly as compared to its production.
This causes the skin to become saggy faster and wrinkle to appear. When you limit the sugar intake the production of collagen reverts back to normal and the skin remains healthy and hydrated.
- An adult human being requires only about 6 tsp of sugar per day.
Coconut oil massage
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer for the skin due to its consistency. When a person applies the coconut oil on their skin, it fills up the pores causing the wrinkles to be filled and skin to become hydrated and smooth once more.
Fatty acids in the oil also penetrate human skin faster because of the oil’s lesser molecular weight, unlike all other moisturizers. It nourishes the skin from within.
- It is recommended to apply a little amount of coconut oil on the skin in both the mornings and the evenings.
- Organic coconut oil is the best choice for massaging your skin.
Eating antioxidant-rich foods
As the skin is the largest of all human organs, it also suffers from the oxidation process the most. In this exposure of oxidants, skin gets damaged from even daily routine life. To counter this, only adding in antioxidant foods in your daily diet can fight the damage caused by oxidative stress.
Some of the common foods that are rich in antioxidants are as follows.
- Red kidney beans
Cleansing your face daily
Ladies, you got to admit that quite often you sleep without taking off your makeup. This is a dangerous habit that can cause premature aging due to sagging skin. It is recommended by the beauticians to wash your face early in the morning and right before sleeping.
Makeup on the face gets absorbed by the pores in the skin and these makeup products have harsh chemicals which then react with the oxidation process and damage the skin cells at a much faster rate.
- Wash your face with water-based cleanser and always use the cold water to close the skin pores.
- After cleansing your face, always rub a little of the coconut oil for moisturizing the skin.
Adding vitamin A and Beta carotene in your diet
According to researchers, the foods that are enriched with beta carotene and vitamin A are able to repair the aging skin and prevent it from outbreaking in the future. This is the reason; such ingredients are often seen among the anti-aging cosmetic products.
Beta carotene has also been found to protect the skin by blocking of the UV ratio of sun.
- Vitamin A and Beta carotene are present in foods such as sweet potatoes, kale, carrots, cantaloupe, and apricots.
- The recommended dose for an adult human being for these minerals is about 30 mg per day.
Massaging the skin with Cucumber juice
Cucumber has been used in many skin treatments since ancient times and the juice of cucumber has the miraculous properties for repairing aging skin problems. It is enriched with a mineral called Silica which can absorb acid from the skin and also repeat the water retention in the skin.
How to use:-
- Take a cucumber and peel its skin off
- Grind it to make its watery juice in a blender
- Strain this liquid of cucumber mesh to get only the cucumber water content
- Now wash your face with you usual water-based cleanser
- Dab this cucumber juice on a piece of cotton ball and apply it over the skin
- Let it sit for 20 minutes as it dries off
- Afterward, wash the face with cool water
- Pat the skin dry with a clean towel
Using coconut oil and baking soda mask
Baking soda and coconut oil have both anti-aging properties for the skin. Baking soda acts as a natural exfoliant to get rid of the dead skin cells while coconut oil moisturizes this freshly cleaned skin. Combining both these ingredients can not only exfoliate the skin but also moisturize it. You can make the following mask from these two ingredients.
- Take a jar and fill it with ¼ of the coconut oil
- Add I this oil about 3 tsp of baking soda and stir well until a paste is formed
- Take 1 tsp of this paste and apply it over the face in the morning by massaging it in circular motions
- Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Wash off the mask with cool water only
The Spoon exercise
The Spoon lifting exercise is an ideal one for raising one’s cheekbones. It also has the following effects.
- Reduction of nasolabial folds
- Improved blood circulation
- Strengthening the neck muscles
This is how you perform the exercise.
- Put a clean tablespoon and place it between the middle of your lips
- Now with your jaw start raising it above
- While the spoon is raised up, smile and hold the smile for 10 seconds
- Relax the jaws for 10 seconds
- Repeat the exercise for 10 minutes
The exercise has the best effects when it is performed early in the morning.