Yoga is a set of body movements that makes use of the practices of mental, physical and spiritual nature to help strengthen the bond between mind, soul, and body.
With the positive effects of yoga getting wide stream awareness worldwide, anyone can locate a yoga class nearly anywhere in the world.
People are making use of Yoga to keep them healthy and fit. With these various poses, yoga also helps people to move and sweat more in order to burn calories and increase the rate of metabolism.
Today, we bring to our readers a few yoga poses to help boost metabolism.
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
The Bow Pose works by boosting both the metabolism as well as the energy. During this pose, the abdominal organs of the body to bear the weight of the entire body and gently massage which causes the blood flow to be stimulated.
This pose also improves the digestion as well as the detoxification process of the body. In addition to this, it is also beneficial in combating stress and fatigue while providing strength to the back and abdominal muscles.
- Start this pose lying straight on your stomach with the chin being placed on the floor.
- Now inhale and slowly bend the knees and grab hold of your ankles with hands
- Raise the chest slowly and pull the legs and back up
- Keep the head in the forward direction
- Hold this pose and take few deep breaths for 20 seconds
- Exhale slowly with lowering your ankles and chest back to the floor
Shoulder Stand (Salamba Sarvangasana)
Shoulder Stand Pose is also nicknamed as the Queen of all asanas. It literally turns a person’s whole world upside down and get those stubborn fat cells to move a little bit. In this pose, the blood from the upper body rushes to the brain and heart providing it with healthy oxygen supply. It also provides nourishment to the thyroid gland for the regulation of metabolism.
- Start by lying flat on the back
- Keep the arms and legs on the sides
- With a single quick movement lift both of your legs, buttocks and the back upwards while providing eh support to the back with your elbows. This will give support to the lower body.
- As for support to the back use the hands and hold the pose as long as your body allows.
- Do not support your body with neck or the head.
Tree Pose (Vrksasana)
Tree Pose is a strong balancing and standing pose that gives a boost to not only metabolism but also to the immune system.
With tree pose, the leg muscles are sued that puts your core in work for better poise and calmness. With this pose, a person can attain focus as well as coordination and concentration.
- Start off by standing completely straight with feet at shoulder width apart.
- Slowly lift your right foot up to your left thigh
- Keep the left straight and balance on it
- When inhaling, pull your arms over the head
- Maintain this pose for 20 seconds
- Repeat the process on the other leg in the same manner
Boat Pose (Navasana)
The boat pose gives strength to the core as well as causing contraction of the abdominal muscles to improve the digestive system. This, in turn, provides a boost to the metabolism.
- Start off by sitting on the ground with knees bent and feet placed on the floor while hands are beside the hip
- While inhaling, press the palms and straighten your spine and pull yourself back; all the while on your hips
- Now taking deep breaths, lift the feet from the ground and bring them to the shin-level
- Now strengthen your legs to form a V shape and hold the position for 5 breaths.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!