Darkish spots on the pores and skin are often known as hyperpigmentation. It’s taking place when some areas of the pores and skin produce extra melanin than common. Melanin is giving the hair, pores and skin and eyes their coloration. Darkish spots on the pores and skin will not be a cause for concern and they don’t want remedy. However, many individuals select to take away darkish spots for a beauty cause. Some individuals could name some sorts of dark spots on the pores and skin age spots or sunspots relying on the trigger.
It’s not at all times doable to forestall darkish spots on the pores and skin from growing. Hormonal adjustments throughout being pregnant which can result in melasma will not be preventable. In probably the most instances, darkish spots on the pores and skin will not be dangerous. 
Darkish spots signs
Darkish spots on the pores and skin can vary from gentle brown to darkish brown. The colour of the darkish spot could rely on the tone of the particular person’s pores and skin. These spots are the identical texture because the pores and skin and they don’t seem to be painful. Additionally, darkish spots can differ in measurement they usually can develop on any a part of the physique. However, they’re commonest in areas usually uncovered to the solar. Darkish spot are frequent within the subsequent areas: shoulders, again, face and again of the fingers.
In individuals, who’ve darkish pores and skin, a spot which is a number of shades darker than the pores and skin, often fades away inside 6 – 12 months. Deeper coloration is taking years to fade. The deep coloration change usually seems as grey or blue, although a spot can also be a a lot darker brown that the individuals regular pores and skin coloration. Your physician or your dermatologist will discover the trigger for darkish spot in your pores and skin by inspecting them and taking your medical historical past. The healthcare skilled may carry out a Wooden’s lamp pores and skin examination throughout the bodily examination, the place the view the spots by a particular system that emits black lights.
In some instances, particular traits of a spot might have extra checks to verify pores and skin most cancers isn’t inflicting the spot. It is vitally vital to speak together with your physician if any darkish spot on the pores and skin bleeds, itches, tingles, seems abruptly and adjustments coloration or measurement. Your physician will see the trigger to your darkish spot, so she or he can provide the finest remedy wanted to your situation.
Darkish spots causes
There could be completely different causes for darkish spots on the pores and skin, comparable to
- Hormonal adjustments: Melasma is a pores and skin situation, which results in small patches of pores and skin discoloration and this situation is extra frequent in girls, particularly throughout being pregnant. Hormones can set off melasma. 
- Solar harm: Solar harm is often known as liver spots, photo voltaic lengtinges or sunspots. Individuals can develop darkish spots on their pores and skin after they’ve been uncovered to the solar or tanning beds. Areas of the physique which obtain probably the most solar publicity, comparable to arms, fingers or face are more than likely to develop solar spots. Arms, fingers or face are areas of the physique which obtain probably the most solar publicity and they’re more than likely to develop solar spots. [2,3]
- Diabetes: This situation may cause areas of the pores and skin to turn into darker. Some situations that are related to diabetes embrace acanthosis nigrican, which causes darkened and velvety pores and skin and shin spots or diabetic dermopathy, which individuals can confuse with age spots. 
- Irritation: Hair merchandise or beauty merchandise can irritate the pores and skin and that is inflicting darkish patches to kind.
- Wound therapeutic: Darkish spots can stay after a lower heal, burn heal or insect chunk they usually could fade with time. 
- Irritation: Darkish spots can develop after a bout of irritation on the pores and skin. Irritation can occur for a lot of completely different causes, comparable to pimples, harm to the pores and skin, psoriasis and eczema. 
- Treatment uncomfortable side effects: Some medicines can enhance the skin pigmentation and this may trigger darkish spots. The most typical culprits are NSAIDs (non – steroidal anti – inflammatory medicine), psychotropic medicine and tetracyclines.
Each single particular person can develop darkish spots on their pores and skin. However, there are some elements which enhance the chance of an individual to develop darkish spots, comparable to
- Diabetes 
- Liver illness
- Medicines that enhance pigmentation 
- Trauma or harm to the pores and skin
- Pores and skin situations, comparable to psoriasis, eczema or pimples
- Being pregnant 
- Solar publicity [2,3]
 Massinde A, Ntubika S, Magoma M. In depth hyperpigmentation throughout being pregnant: a case report. Journal of Medical Case Reviews. 2011;5.
 Brenner M, Listening to VJ. The protecting function of melanin in opposition to UV harm in human pores and skin. Photochemistry and Photobiology. 2008;84(3):539–49. doi:10.1111/j.1751-1097.2007.00226.x
 Bonilla C, Ness AR, Wills AK, et al. Pores and skin pigmentation, solar publicity and vitamin D ranges in youngsters of the Avon Longitudinal Examine of Dad and mom and Youngsters. BMC Public Well being. 2014;14.
 Mendes AL, Miot HA, Junior VH. Diabetes mellitus and the pores and skin. Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia. 2017;92(1):8–20.
 Chadwick S, Heath R, Shah M. Irregular pigmentation inside cutaneous scars: A complication of wound therapeutic. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgical procedure. 2012;45(2):403–11. doi:10.4103/0970-0358.101328
 Davis EC, Callender VD. Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation: A overview of the epidemiology, scientific options, and remedy choices in pores and skin of coloration. Journal of Scientific and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2010;3(7):20–31.
 Sayal SK, Das AL, Chattwal PK. Examine of cutaneous manifestations in power liver issues. Medical Journal Armed Forces India. 1997;53(4):263–6. doi:10.1016/S0377-1237(17)30750-5